Job Vacancy: Fleming Engineering and Norwest Roofing are now seeking to recruit a Financial Controller to join their dynamic, innovative and hardworking team.
About Fleming Group: The Fleming group of companies based in St. Johnston, Co. Donegal consist of Fleming Steel, Fleming Doors, Fleming Coatings and a sister company based in Omagh, Norwest Roofing Systems. The group currently employ approximately 30 people.
Contract Type: Full-time/Permanent
Location: St. Johnston, Co. Donegal
Hours of Work: 38 hours per week
Salary: Negotiable and depending on experience
To work alongside the existing Management team and Managing Director over 2 sites but primarily based in St. Johnston, Donegal. A pivotal element of the role will be an involvement in the key decisions affecting the business and therefore a good commercial understanding is essential.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of monthly reports and analysis as and when required
- Implementation of financial measures and plans to maximise sustained growth for the business
- Budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Ultimate responsibility for co-ordinating cash collection and supplier payments
- Ownership of all finance functions within the business to include cash flow management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed asset registers, taxes, etc.
- Preparation of all sales analysis reports and revenue accounting to include invoicing, monthly sales reconciliations, management of revenue recognition calculations, identifying and investigating deviations against forecast
- Ensuring the company is fully compliant with all relevant laws, accounting standards and filing requirements
- Working closely with group management on any other ad hoc projects across the broader company as and when required
- Attendance at Management Monthly Meetings and presentation of detailed financial performance against budgets and other key metrics
- Providing strategic and financial guidance to ensure that financial commitments are met and that sound financial management and controls are developed and maintained
- Provide management and leadership within the business to ensure the required standards are consistently achieved. Ensuring best practice is adhered to in all financial processes while ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Maintain strong working relationships with banks, external and internal auditors
- Ad hoc accounting/admin duties as and when required.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with preferably 3 to 5 years PQE of which at least 2 years should be in a commercial environment
- Must be analytical and able to synthesize complex information
- Must able to work on their own initiative
- Experience of the provision of timely and accurate information to a senior management team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high degree of IT proficiency, preferably with experience in Sage Accounts and Sage Manufacturing
- A high proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to plan and prioritise work activities and use time efficiently
- Significant management and commercial experience (including staff management, HR processes and IT systems) would be an advantage
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email your CV along with a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria to email@example.com or via post to Andrew Fleming, Fleming Steel, 1 Railway Road, Dundee, St. Johnston, Co. Donegal on or before Friday, 13th April 2018 at 5pm.
Fleming Engineering and Norwest Roofing Systems are Equal Opportunity EmployersTags: