Bar manager Donal Coll is one of Falcarragh’s most recognisable faces.
Spending many hours weekly working in the thriving Gweedore Bar and restaurant, Donal is often the first face to welcome customers into the building.
Donal along with publican John Cannon do lots of work for charity as well as trying to promote the county. The emmigrants night they hold each year has proved to be a massive success bringing people from far and wide home to Donegal.
(1) What is your favourite place in Donegal and why?
Inis Boffin, it’s one of Donegal’s real hidden gems and we spent our childhood summers there.
(2) If you could change one thing about Donegal what would it be?
(3) Who is the one person in Donegal that you look up to and why?
Noel Cunningham as I think he’s a brilliant ambassador for Donegal and promoting it as a tourism destination.
(4) Daniel O’Donnell or Packie Bonner?
(5) What has been Donegal’s proudest moment in recent years?
Being named as the Coolest Place on Planet by the National Geographic or Donegal Airport winning the Most Scenic Landing in the World.
(6) What has been the biggest compliment you’ve ever received?
That I’m a brilliant singer haha.
(7) What is your favourite Donegal-made product?
Silkie Whiskey & the Haven Smokehouse Salmon.
(8) Who is Donegal’s greatest ambassador around the world and why?
Our emigrants have been amazing ambassadors for our county throughout the world . They work hard and yet still keep their likeable charm.
(9) Who is Donegal’s most successful businessperson in your opinion?
In my opinion John Mc Ginley & his family have achieved so much and provide a great service for Donegal.
(10) Who is your favourite Donegal sportsperson of all time?
(11) What is your favourite Donegal restaurant?
I’m going have to say our own INÍS Restaurant here at the Gweedore Bar.
(12) What would your ideal day in Donegal consist of?
Just getting into the car and driving anywhere in the county. The scenery is just amazing and we don’t appreciate it enough.
(13) What is your favourite Donegal saying or expression?
They’re all good ‘hi’.
(14) What is the biggest challenge facing the people of Donegal today?
Still emigration and finding work at home.
(15) What is your favourite Donegal food?
Crab Claws yum.
(16) Is there anything that really annoys you about Donegal or its people?
No not that I can think of.
(17) Do you have a favourite local band?
Off the Kuff.
(18) If you had a million euro to improve something in Donegal what would it be?
I would use it to put more emphasis on what the county has to offer.
(19) What has been the most exciting moment of your career so far?
Being involved and helping to organise and host Lisa Mc Hugh’s Charity Event felt like a great achievement.
(20) Is there anything about Donegal that you are very proud of?
The Donegal football team.Tags: