Job Vacancy: Green Pastures Ltd are currently recruiting for hardworking and reliable Maintenance Fitter for an established and expanding family-run dairy in Convoy, Co. Donegal.
Candidates must be flexible with regard to shift/start times, and able to work on a rota system due to the increase in production.
The environment is physically demanding and fast paced; you will need to be able to work across a variety of machinery within the dairy factory.
CORE PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To carry out effective and efficient maintenance of company asset by adhering to standard operating procedures, engineering standards, safety and quality practices thus ensuring optimal plant utilization.
The main responsibilities and functions of this role include:
- Machine Availability: Ensure that plant machinery and the equipment are maintained and available for operations.
- Efficient Maintenance: Ensure that maintenance of plant machinery, facilities and equipment are carried efficiently.
- Machine Utilization: Ensure plant machinery, facilities and equipment optimal utilization is achieved.
- Maintenance Reliability: Ensure that maintenance reliability on machinery, facilities and equipment maintenance is practiced and achieved ensuring minimal unscheduled breakdown / downtime factor
- Preventive Maintenance: Ensure that planned preventative / shutdown maintenance is timely attended to, ensuring effective use of resources and best engineering practices applied.
- Use of Resources: Ensure proper and safe use / handling of tools, diagnostic equipment, components & machine parts while performing tasks adhering to standard engineering & OEM practices
- OH&S Practice: Ensure adhering to occupational Health & Safety Best Practice and utilizing suitable and sufficient control to eliminate if not minimise incidents.
- To follow all company procedure relating to work instructions and appropriate PPE.
- To ensure supervisors and managers are made aware of any problems or errors and that appropriate action is taken immediately.
- To ensure that work activities are carried out in a safe manner protecting both your own and your colleague’s health and safety.
- To work in a flexible and organised manner.
The Requirements: Essential:
- Hands on experience as Mechanical fitter/technicians in any trade
- Mechanical Know-How
- Team player
- Have an eye for detail to ensure accuracy and precision
- Positive attitude possessing high levels of commitment and motivation
- Ability to work varying shift patterns and work to tight deadlines.
- A strong communicator able to work well in a team.
- The ability to work on fast moving production lines.
- Forward thinking possessing a can do attitude.
- 3rd level degree in Engg or time served apprenticeship in Mechanical/Electrical but not essential.
- Experience of working in a dairy or similar food production sector, especially as a fitter
- Knowledge of food production and associated procedures.
- Knowledge of HACCP and technical awareness.
If you believe you fulfil the above criteria, please send your CV to:
FAO: Operations Manager
T: 074 9147193