Job Vacancy: The Hub Youth Centre in Glenties, Co. Donegal are currently recruiting for an experienced Youth Development Worker.
Working with the Management Committee of The Hub Youth Centre to develop and deliver an International Fund for Ireland, Personal Youth Development Programme, ‘Ignite Your Future’
The post is based at The Hub Youth Centre, Glenties delivering the ‘Ignite Your Future’ programme.
1 year contract starting September 2018. 35hr week.
The successful candidate will work to assist young people aged 16 – 25 years to develop resilience and confidence and gain the necessary skills and qualifications to support a successful transition into employment or further/higher education.
Candidates will be expected to have:
- A third level qualification in youth work or a relevant field
- A background in life/career coaching is desirable
- At least 3 years’ experience of youth work and/or community work
- The ability to engage and motivate young people
- An understanding of youth mental health issues
- The ability to develop, facilitate and deliver programmes relevant to young people
- Proven organisational, report writing and record keeping skills
- Salary €33,555 p/a
- To develop and deliver year 2 of the project with a small cohort of young people who are continuing for a second year (approx 5/6 young people)
- To engage a new group of young people aged 16 – 25 into the project (approx 5/6 young people)
- To manage the overall IFI ‘Ignite Your Future’ project meeting the objectives and targets set out in the proposal
A full Job description is available from: Kate Morgan, Downstrands Family Resource Centre, The Dolmen Centre, Kilclooney, Co Donegal. Tel: 074 954 5879 email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12noon on Tuesday 7th August. Interviews will take place on Friday 10th August, short-listing may apply.Tags: