August is national hair loss awareness month, so it’s the perfect time for the team at Patrick Gildea Hairdressing in Letterkenny to share their guide to the causes of hair loss and the treatments they offer:
People tend to think of hair loss mainly as a male issue, mostly affecting older men in particular.
However, many women are also confronted with reduced volume and thinning at some point in their lives, which can have a negative impact on self-esteem and confidence.
Hair loss in women can happen for a number of reasons. Stress, diet, medication, hormonal changes and even a hereditary predisposition for balding can all be contributing factors towards thinning and losing hair.
Kiera Galbraith, one of the specialists in thinning hair at Patrick Gildea Hairdressing, says “At any given time, around 85% of your hair is in a growth phase, known as the anagen phase. The remaining 15% is spent in the telogen resting phase, meaning that it has reached its complete growth potential and will eventually shed. This is the reason why it’s completely natural for both men and women to shed a small amount of hair on a day-to-day basis.
“Hair loss occurs when certain triggers, such as those mentioned above, interrupt the healthy growth cycle and far more hair than usual enters the shedding phase, resulting in noticeable areas of hair loss.
“Due to the ever-changing nature of hormones throughout our lives, women are particularly vulnerable to some unique hair loss triggers attributed to hormonal change, such a pregnancy and menopause.”
So How Can We Help?
Making the most of the hair you have begins with a consultation with one of our fully-qualified Hair & Scalp Specialists who will be able to introduce you to the benefits of NIOXIN, talk through your needs and recommend a fully personalised solution.
Kiera recommends a Complete Renewal Service which includes:
- Consultation This is where it all starts: a conversation about the causes of thinning hair and an assessment of your individual needs.
- Nioxin Supplements – One per day and with a special offer of buy 2 months’ supply get the third free of charge, there has never been a better time to treat your hair and scalp. If your diet lacks specific nutrients, including vitamins, minerals or protein, it can affect the condition and strength of your hair. Recharging Complex™*, a multi-nutrient formula with biotin, zinc and iron, helps to support normal, healthy-growing hair from the inside out.
- Scalp Renew Dermabrasion Treatment This in-salon service is a great introduction to Nioxin, and you will instantly feel the effects. The Dermabrasion Treatment works like a facial for the scalp and with our expert camera we will be able to show you the before and after effects of the Dermabrasion on your scalp health.
- Diameter Boost Therapy: Increases the diameter of your hair instantly and thickens hair from the roots so that it feels as if you have 11000 more hairs. You can avail of the Diaboost Diameter boost in salon or as a take home hair care product and use with each blow-dry.
- NIOXIN 3-Part System – After consultation, your Nioxin Specialist will recommend a personal 3-Part System to cleanse, optimise and treat scalp and hair and will be yours to take home.
For more information on fine or thinning hair contact us for an in-depth consultation on 0749125476 or book online http://www.patrickgildea.ie/book-online/Tags: