The Main Street of Glenties will be closed to traffic on Thursday 12th September and Sunday 15th September to facilitate events for the Glenties Harvest Fair.
The road will be temporarily closed from 8am-9pm on Thursday for the Harvest Fair Day, as over 150 market stalls are set up on the street alongside street entertainers.
The road will close again from 12noon-9pm on Sunday for the festival parade and entertainment.
Donegal County Council has planned the following diversions for traffic:
• Traffic from Donegal Town (R262) will be diverted left onto the N56 at Kilraine continuing on to Hillhead, Ardara and from there divert right onto the R261 continuing on this route until rejoining the N56 at Maas.
• Traffic from Ardara/Killybegs will be diverted left onto the R261 at Hillhead, Ardara continuing on this route until rejoining the N56 at Maas.
• Traffic from Lettermacaward/Dungloe will be diverted right on to the R261 at Maas and continue on this route rejoining the N56 at Hillhead, Ardara.
• Traffic from Letterkenny/Ballybofey (R250) will be diverted right onto the N56 at Glenties Grotto and rejoin the N56 at Hillhead, Ardara via the R261 at Maas
• Traffic intending to use the R253 will be diverted onto the R252 at the R253/R252 junction at Glenmore and are advised that access to Glenties is not possible via this route