Gardai in Donegal have detected two drivers flouting the speed laws – on National Slow Down Day.
The drivers were caught Newtowncunningham and Ballintra.
Since 7am, Gardaí and GoSafe have checked the speed of 18,785 vehicles with 23 vehicles detected travelling in excess of the applicable speed limit.
The first motorist was caught doing 119km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the N15 Ballynacarrick in Ballintra.
The second involved a truck doing 89 km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the N13 at Moyle in Newtowncunningham. Trucks are limited to 80 kph in a 100 kph zone because of their weight load.
Other notable speeds include:
• 138km/h in a 80km/h Zone on the R675 Ballykinsella Waterford Waterford
• 181km/h in a 120km/h Zone on the M1 Lusk Dublin
• 63km/h in a 50km/h Zone on the Whitemill Road Wexford Wexford
• 136km/h in a 120km/h Zone on the M3 Bracetown Dunboyne Meath
• 89km/h in a 80km/h Zone on the R445 Curragh Kildare Kildare
• 110km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the N24 Killaloan Lower Clonmel Tipperary
• Truck @ 89 km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the N21 Blossomhill Rathkeale Limerick
On National Slow Down Day, An Garda Síochána and the Road Safety Authority continue to remind drivers of the dangers of speeding and urge motorists to drive carefully and abide by the speed limits.Tags: