Dylan Murray is a well-known Magician from Burtonport and two-time winner of Magician of the Year. Dylan, who won Derry’s Got Talent in 2016, has an upcoming show on October 31st in the Station House Hotel, Letterkenny.
This is Dylan’s ‘My Donegal’
(1) What is your favourite place in Donegal and why?My hometown of Keadue, Burtonport located in the heart of the Rosses where the local people resemble the scenery absolutely second to none.
(2) What would your ideal day off in Donegal be like?
I love to go to the country dances in my spare time and going out on sunny days to visit different towns and areas all across Donegal.
(3) Who is the one person in Donegal that you look up to and why?
My mum of course and she’ll be delighted to hear I said that, there are so many reasons I look up to her it would be difficult trying to name just one quality.
(4) What do you think is Donegal’s best tourist attraction?
There are many places I could name but I’d say climbing Errigal is number one on many people’s bucket list’s.
(5) Do you prefer Donegal summers or Donegal winters?
I love to have a good Donegal summer but unfortunately, we very rarely get to see the sun but when we do it’s really great! But I will have to say my favourite is the Donegal winters as it’s hard to beat the frosty mornings.
(6) What would you do on your ideal day out in Donegal?
(7) What is your favourite Donegal-made product?
(8) Who is Donegal’s greatest ambassador around the world and why?
In my opinion, daniel O’Donnell is ur county’s greatest ambassador, as he continues to represent his hometown to the best of his abilities locally and internationally.
He has remained incredibly humble and that is a wonderful quality to possess, he is always very generous with his time with fans and he has been a great friend to me and has given me some very valuable advice on going forward in the entertainment business, and of course also he continues to put Donegal on the map worldwide with his talent.
(9) Who is Donegal’s most successful businessperson in your opinion?
I’d have to say local Donegal business and former winner of the Donegal International rally Declan Boyle who runs many successful establishments worldwide.
(10) What is your favourite Donegal restaurant?
The Bayview bar Dungloe – top-class quality food and service. Highly recommended!!
(11) What is your favourite Donegal saying or expression?
What’s the craic, sir? Keep er lit!!
(12) If you could change one thing about Donegal what would it be?
I wouldn’t change a thing about Donegal as our county is a very beautiful place to call home.
(13) What is the biggest challenge facing the people of Donegal today?
I imagine for many people it will probably be getting over the love island withdrawal symptoms but I can honestly say that I’ve never watched it!
But in all sincerity, I feel strongly that immigration is still now as big an issue as it has become in recent years with vast amounts of young people having to travel across the water to make a better life for themselves and their families.
There is very little work opportunity’s available for the local people of our county and indeed our country as a whole in general, changes have to be made in the government to resolve these issues including many others issues.
(14) Do you have a favourite local band?
I have to say that Goat’s Don’t Shave are one of my favourite local bands they are incredible, and Pat Gallagher is one of the most talented singer-songwriters our county has ever produced.
(15) Daniel O’Donnell or Packie Bonner?
I couldn’t choose a favourite between them as they both do an incredible job representing our county in their professions
(16) Is there anything about Donegal that you are very proud of?