A fully refurbished schoolhouse has been placed on the market in an idyllic country setting on the outskirts of Killybegs town centre for €295,000.
Aughavogue Schoolhouse is a unique and beautifully presented residence that offers superb family accommodation.
The original schoolhouse is of an attractive cut stone exterior under a slate roof with diagonally set chimneys, lying-pane style double glazed windows with sandstone sills complemented by a modern L-shaped extension to the rear.
There are five generously proportioned bedrooms in total.
With almost no passing traffic you can enjoy the open aspect views over the surrounding countryside and imposing mountains with little distraction.
Access to the property is provided over a tree-lined country road.
With Killybegs being one of Ireland’s most famous fishing ports, it is the perfect gateway to the Atlantic Ocean.
Its natural deep-water harbour greets fishing boats and their fresh catches daily.
There are a number of beautiful beaches close by including the Blue Flag Fintra Beach flanked by magnificent sand dunes.
From here you can spot the cruise ships that drop anchor in town.
- Mature site with well tendered gardens throughout spanning approximately 0.42 acres / 0.17 ha.
- West wing of the house is suitable for conversion into self-contained living accommodation.
- White laying-pane style uPVC double glazed windows and doors throughout.
- Substantial, fully refurbished schoolhouse extending to circa 3,375 sq.ft in area.
- Convenient location just under 2 kms from Killybegs town centre and just under a 25 minutes drive to Donegal Town centre and it’s essential amenities.
Viewing by prior arrangement with DNG Dorrian on 074 97 31291.
To view the full listing and pictures click on the following link:Tags: