A second Donegal school is liaising with the HSE over coronavirus precautions after a tour to Italy.
Parents at Scoil Mhuire Buncrana are being advised not to be concerned after a group of students visited northern Italy last week. The students were on a mid-term skiing trip in the Trento region.
One case of coronavirus has been confirmed in Trentino, but the Buncrana school students had visited the area two days prior to the infected person arriving in the area. The Trentino region is not currently in the lockdown area.
Management at Scoil Mhuire Buncrana issued a Facebook notice last night to assure parents that no action is required with the returning students.
Parents were told that Deputy Principal, Mr Cathal Davis, contacted the HSE on Saturday to get advice regarding the coronavirus.
The statement said: “At this point, we were advised that no action was required. The person with the virus did not arrive in our ski area until last Friday and we had left two days earlier on the Wednesday. However, we will continue to liaise with the HSE and keep you updated.”
Any parent with any concerns has been advised to contact their GP or the HSE.
Meanwhile, students at Loreto in Milford who returned from a skiing trip are being advised to stay away from school. Those on the trip were not in a restricted area for the COVID 19 virus, but the school has decided to take precautions as they await further guidance on the situation.