EDDIE Hearn says he wants Jason Quigley to feature on a Manchester card in May.
Hearn is eying Quigley up for a spot on the Dillian Whyte-Alexander Povetkin bill at the Manchester Arena on May 2.
The Matchroom Boxing chief wants the 18-1, 14KOs Quigley to face Jack Cullen (17-2, 8KOs).
This weekend, Cullen takes on Tomas Andres Reynoso as part of the Scott Quigg-Jono Carroll fight night, also at the Manchester Arena.
“I’m planning for Jack to fight Jason Quiglet on on the Whyte-Povetkin card on May 2,” Hearn told a press conference today.
“So, zero pressure on Jack to get through this weekend with no injuries, no cuts.”
Cullen lost to Felix Cash in his last fight in November, but will hope to get back on the horse this weekend. Previously, Cullen defeated Chris Blaney, but lost to Roy Sheahan (two former amateur rivals of Quigley) both as part of the Last Man Standing competition.
Cullen said: “Let’s get this one out of the way and get onto the next.
“It’s a very important fight for me coming off a loss. I need to turn it around and get onto a winning streak.”
Whyte is the mandatory challenger for Tyson Fury’s WBC heavyweight title and has lost just once in 28 fights, that defeat coming at the hands of Anthony Joshua.
The 40-year-old Povetkin has only lost two of his 40 pro contests – at the hands of Joshua and former world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko.
Quigley fought once before on a Hearn-hosted card when he defeated Mathias Eklund at the CopperBox Arena in London in March 2019 (pictured). That was Quigley’s only time to fight outside of America as a professional.