Donegal Action for Cancer Care has announced that their Easter draw will be extended until June due to coronavirus.
Lines had been on sale for the lottery draw prior to the Covid-19 outbreak. However, the group said it has not been possible to continue for the time being.
The draw was in aid of both the Donegal Hospice and Donegal Action for Cancer Care.
People who have bought lines have been assured that their entries are still valid and will be counted in the draw when it takes place on Bank Holiday Monday 1st June.
DACC spokesperson Betty Holmes said she has secured an extension to the permit from Gardaí, with the option to have it further extended if required due to the virus.
Ms Holmes said: “DACC have informed Donegal Hospice of this development and would also like to extend a very sincere thank you to all the local businesses for their generous donations of prizes.
“Thank you everyone for your help and understanding in these difficult days.”