McElhinneys of Ballybofey are delighted to announce that the store will be reopening on Monday the 8th June.
Staff have been working hard to prepare the department store for reopening at 10.30am. It will all look a little different at first, but you can be sure that everything the team is doing is with customers’ safety in mind and they simply cannot wait to get back to delivering their 5-star customer service in store.
A special message has been issued by owners John and Martin McElhinney and the team to thank customers for their support and to outline new guidelines for everyone’s safety:
We have been working tirelessly over the past weeks to deliver our 5-star service to you through our online store, and we are delighted to be able to bring that service back in store to our amazing customers.
In order to ensure the safety of customers, staff and our families, we will have a number of new guidelines in place for our re-opening and we ask that you respect these and be mindful during your visit in store. These new measures have been devised and implemented in an effort to minimise risk and to ensure a comfortable environment for everyone.
The measures we are taking as a company are to ensure that we are all as protected as possible during these uncertain times. Our staff guidelines have been updated as follows:
- Prior to opening, every department has been deep cleaned and staff members have had induction training with regards to new guidelines and cleaning procedures in place
- Each staff member has been provided with personal protective equipment (PPE) to wear during work hours; including masks, hand sanitiser and a visor
- We have elected a dedicated team of Covid-19 Lead Workers who have undertaken further training, and will be carrying out regular risk assessments and inspections throughout the store to ensure the highest standard of compliance
- Staff members have been instructed to wash their hands at regular intervals throughout the day with antibacterial soap and water, and continue use of hand sanitizer through the day in order to maintain the highest standard of hand-hygiene
- Each till point will be fully equipped with protective glass and antibacterial products to ensure all surfaces; including phones, tills and card machines; are cleaned thoroughly and regularly
- Staff break times will be planned and segregated to ensure social distancing is adhered to at all times
- All staff members have agreed to maintain these high cleanliness standards which are set out in accordance with Government guidelines and HSE regulations
The following measures have been taken in store to ensure a safe and enjoyable shopping experience when you visit us in store:
- The store will be open from Monday – Saturday 10:30am-6pm
- Sanitation stations will be located at the front door and throughout the store, and we ask that you please make use of these
- Please respect social distancing guidelines of a 2-metre distance between you and staff or other customers, and make use of the guided signage throughout the store
- Groups of 2 or more will not be permitted to enter the store, and we ask that only 1 member per family come into the store where possible. Exceptions will be made for families
- We will implement a designated hour for elderly, vulnerable and at-risk customers, daily from 10:30am – 11:30am, during this time these groups will be given priority access and assistance when requested, simply ask any member of staff
- Fitting room facilities will be closed in our Kids Department and limited in capacity in other departments. They will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- All items that are tried on in store are quarantined for 72 hours as per guidelines from our Covid-19 Response Team training. Clothing will be steamed at 130 degrees before returning to the floor and shoes will be treated with a specialist sanitation procedure
- When making use of bathroom facilities in store, please note that occupancy is limited and please respect physical distancing in these spaces
- Our Bistro will remain closed until further notice
- Our Mother of the Bride and Occasionwear Collections have been moved to a designed area and are available by appointment
- During close contact fittings, including lingerie, Mother of the Bride and Bridal, staff will be equipped with additional PPE and we ask that you respect our guidelines and maintain distance where possible
- Only 1 customer will be permitted at the till area at a time when purchasing. Please use card or contactless payment where possible and respect a 2-metre distance when queueing
- Please be mindful of touching surfaces and products in store, and limit this where possible, however rest assured that touchpoints throughout the store have been identified and will be routinely cleaned
- If you feel unwell, please refrain from visiting us in store until you are feeling better, however if you start to feel unwell during your visit, please alert a member of staff immediately
- Please sneeze or cough in to a tissue or your elbow, and dispose of them safely. Furthermore, if you are disposing of any PPE during or after your visit, please use the designated bins throughout the store
Our online service will continue to operate as we have been during the past number of weeks as we deliver your orders throughout Ireland and indeed across the world during these strange times with thanks to our delivery provider DPD.
A number of measures have been implemented since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic to keep our online team working in a safe and comfortable environment, including:
- Sanitation stations have been implemented upon entering and exiting the building
- We have increased the area of our online service to allow staff to maintain social distancing of 2-metres per person
- Regular cleaning of surfaces and deep cleaning at designed intervals is carried out to ensure the highest standard of cleanliness
- Returns are quarantined for 72 hours before being processed, as per guidelines from our Covid-19 Response Team training
- Drive Through Click & Collect – Our temporary Drive-Through Click & Collect service is available Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 5:30pm. Please await a confirmation email before arriving to the store, adhere to signage and respect social distancing when availing of this service. For more information please read our FAQ page
Thank you once again for your continued support over the past number of weeks, and we look forward to warmly welcoming you back in store from Monday the 8th June.
– John & Martin and the Staff of McElhinneysTags: