The ESB has said it will carry out an investigation after a mother and son were electrocuted in St Johnston.
Lorraine Duncan and her three-year-old son Deacon are lucky to be alive after being exposed to a live wire at their home at Mill House on Thursday evening last.
Deacon was playing in the garden on Thursday evening when he touched the wire connected to an ESB pole and was electrocuted.
Lorraine rushed to help and she too received a massive shock.
Both are recovering at Letterkenny University Hospital.
ESB Networks confirm that there was an incident in which a child came into contact with a live wire on Thursday evening.
A statement issued to Donegal Daily said “Unfortunately, this resulted in the child and his mother requiring hospital treatment following the incident.
“ESB Networks immediately attended the scene and disconnected the power in order to make the area safe.
“ESB Networks takes its public safety responsibilities very seriously and is investigating the incident having been in contact with the family.
“We advise customers to report any incidents involving electrical wires to our 24-hour emergency number: 1800 372 999.”Tags: