The family of an elderly lady with Alzheimer’s is looking for a caring and professional individual to support them with her daily routine and health needs within her own home in the Buncrana area.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of the related phases and symptoms of the condition, as well as best practice care procedures for progressive degeneration.
Preferably a medical/ex-medical professional with experience in dealing with elderly Alzheimer’s/Dementia patients or an Alzhemier’s/Dementia carer with extensive hands-on experience.
They will be patient, trustworthy, flexible and have a friendly, upbeat personality for companionship.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Preparing and managing a care plan that will provide daily structure and variety, and incorporating the strengths and weaknesses of the patient on a daily basis.
• Managing medical needs, dealing and administering prescription medication.
• Monitoring progress and keeping comprehensive notes on progress for family and medical practitioners alike.
• Daily check and notes on general health, coughs, colds, stiffness, reluctance to engage, aggression, paranoia, incontinence, infection or any behavioural/issues outside of normal general health
• Assisting with personal care, bathing and grooming and dressing, toileting and particularly light exercise, walking, stretching.
• Mobility assistance if required.
• Personal supervision, providing companionship, activities and stimulation.
• Emotional support, being a stable companion and supporter in all matters personal, health-related, providing a grounding and supportive environment.
• Home organisation, light tidying duties and home care.
• Basic food & drinks preparation, ensuring that meals & snacks are shopped for and prepared and taken regularly and based on the best nutritional content for condition.
• Advising family members on best medical procedures and supports to assist the patient
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate in-line with qualifications and experience.
To apply: Send an up-to-date CV by email with ‘Carer’ in the email subject line to email@example.comTags: