The government has this evening announced a range of new restrictions to limit the spread of Covid-19.
The measures will limit indoor and outdoor private social gatherings, move sports events behind closed doors and impact travel.
Extra advice as also been issued for people over 70 and those who are medically vulnerable.
These new public health measures come into force with immediate effect and will remain in place until 13th September.
- all businesses should continue to allow remote working where possible
- if you are having visitors over to your home – you should limit them to 6 people from no more than 3 households
- outdoor gatherings are to be limited to 15 people
- restaurants and cafes, including pubs which are currently acting as restaurants, can remain open but with a mandatory closing time of 11.30pm
- sports events and matches are to revert to behind-closed-doors with no spectators allowed. There should also be strict avoidance of social gatherings before and after games or fixtures
- indoor training should be limited to 6 people and outdoor training should be limited to 15 people
- public transport should be avoided where possible
- if you are travelling in a car or other vehicle with someone from outside your household – it is recommended that you wear a face covering
- all state bodies with responsibility for monitoring, inspection and compliance will intensify activities on an integrated basis