Building on the success of last year, this years’s #LoveDonegal day will take place on Wednesday the 16th September.
The campaign once again aims to tell as many people as possible around the world about our amazing county.
Last year’s first campaign was a runaway success with Donegal trending all day on Twitter and reaching millions of people around the globe.
Organisers say that they are trying to encourage as many to take part on the day and help spread the word and encourage others to take part.
Taking part is easy!
All you have to do is include hashtag #LoveDonegal or #DúnnanGallAbú in your tweets or posts on Wednesday 16th September.
Organisers are encouraging people to include a few tweets or posts that highlight what we love about Donegal, special places, people and things to do here. You can also post to Instagram using these hashtags.
Tweets/posts can include:
* visiting or travelling around Donegal,
* the people of Donegal,
* the landscape, coastline or islands of Donegal
* music, arts, sport, marine, business, culture & food
* the Gaeltacht and the Irish language
So exactly why #LoveDonegal day is so important?
As part of Donegal Connect, organisers want to extend links with those who have Donegal roots or connections around the world (our Diaspora), and to promote the county to the widest possible global audience.
Donegal Connect works to strengthen our links with the Donegal Diaspora to benefit both them and the county. We want more people to visit, take jobs here, invest in the county, start business here, relocate or retire here, to grow our local economy.
You can take part by:
* Tweeting or posting from your personal account using #LoveDonegal or #DúnnanGallAbú
* Tweeting or posting from your work, club or group accounts
* Liking and sharing/retweeting other #LoveDonegal #DúnnanGallAbú posts
* Asking your friends & family at home and abroad to join in
If everyone acts together, then we can get Donegal trending and highlight the many wonderful things we all love about our county!Tags: