Job Vacancies: SMC Chartered Accountants & Registered Auditors in Letterkenny are currently recruiting for an Audit Senior and an Accounts Technician to join their team.
Qualified Accountant/Audit Senior
We require a fully Qualified Accountant/Audit Senior for a full-time position within our Letterkenny based practice. The practice provides a wide range of services including Accounting, Audit, Taxation, and advisory/consultancy services to a wide range of clients.
You will be self-motivated, capable of working on your own initiative and have the ability to plan, control and complete audit engagements for a diverse portfolio of clients.
- preparation of accounts and financial statements
- assist in maintaining and developing client relationships
- design and implementation of audit plans
- ensure completion of assignments within appropriate budget and timeframe
- manage trainees while on assignment.
Skills and attributes:
- minimum 3 years’ experience required
- qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar qualification)
- experience in audit engagements is essential, in particular within the financial sector to include solicitors, credit unions, insurance brokers etc
- worked with a diverse portfolio of clients
- capable of working on your own initiative
- ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice; and
- strong interpersonal skills are essential.
We also require an accounts technician for a full-time position. The successful candidate will work in a professional team and experience different clients and types of projects.
- Assist in the preparation of accounts and financial statements;
- Bookkeeping duties to include bank reconciliations, VAT and other Revenue returns
- Payroll processing
- Work with a senior auditor on various audit assignments
- Liasing with clients and other Regulatory bodies
Skills and attributes:
- Accounting Technician or equivalent qualification
- Excellent problem solving skills with a practical hand’s on approach
- Ability to work to tight deadlines within a team
- Highly motivated and professional
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer Literate, in particular, proficient in Excel. Experience of Sage 50 and/or payroll preferable but not essential.
- Commitment to providing excellent client service.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and cover letter, stating which position your application relates to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to SMC Chartered Accountants Ltd, Unit 3, First Floor, Glenview Business Park, Mountain Top, Letterkenny.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 25th September 2020.Tags: