THERE are 13 new confirmed Covid-19 cases in Donegal, the Department of Health has said.
Of 255 new cases confirmed nationally by health officials today, 13 are in Donegal.
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) has been informed that one more person with Covid-19 has died.
There have now been 1,784 deaths and 30,985 cases since the outbreak.
The county-by-county total shows that Donegal has had a total of 566 cases of Covid-19. This is an increase of five from yesterday’s figure and was measured at midnight on Friday. Today’s 13 cases have yet to be added to that tally.
Of the cases notified today;
– 129 are men / 123 are women
– 68% are under 45 years of age
– 34% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
– 69 cases have been identified as community transmission
– 156 in Dublin, 22 in Waterford,13 in Donegal, 11 in Wicklow, 9 in Limerick, 8 in Kildare, 5 in Clare and the remaining 31 cases are in Carlow, Cork, Galway, Kerry, Laois, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Offaly, Tipperary, Westmeath and Wexford.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.