THE DONEGAL Competitions’ Control Committee (CCC) have made the decision to postpone the Senior B and Intermediate B Championship with immediate effect due to the increase in numbers of Covid19 cases and rising requests for postponements.
The CCC met this afternoon and made the decision having reviewed the various championships with the situation escalating in the north-west.
A statement to the clubs of the county reads as follows:
“Due to the increase in numbers of Covid19 cases and also the number of requests for postponements the CCC made a number of decisions at a meeting a 1pm today 18/09/2020
“Plenary Powers on fixtures have been extended to include the County PRO and County Assistant Treasurer with the Vice Chair and CCC Secretary.
“The CCC have reviewed the Championships, given the number of players working in Dublin and travelling to fulfil reserve Championship fixtures we have decided to postpone the Senior B and Intermediate B Championship with immediate effect which we will review at a later stage. We feel it is fair to all clubs as we will not be expecting players to break travel restrictions to fulfil fixtures.
“We will over the weekend review all fixtures and limit or postpone the fixtures and GAA activities of those involved in the later stages of the Senior and Intermediate championship.
“We will review the Junior B Championship based on number of players in Donegal and decide if this competition should also proceed.
“The CCC will try to run its regional leagues to provide football to those within the County and possibly start an u21 competition (This will also be based on players within the County )
“We will be in contact with all clubs regarding player numbers working and residing in Dublin. While it is our intention to run off all our competitions until they are complete, the CCC also acknowledges it responsibility to the health of its players, members and the wider community.”Tags: