Donegal Local Development CLG (DLDC) is the local development organisation structured along social partnership principles to address social, economic, environmental and cultural
The company is currently recruiting for the following position – HR and Operations Manager.
Main Purpose: The HR and Operations Manager will play a central and key role in the planning, implementation, administration and management of HR and Operations in the Company. The role ensures that there is a coordinated approach across all Programmes in the Company with the main focus being on Human Resources, Health and Safety and Operational policies and procedures.
Responsible to: The HR and Operations Manager will be accountable on a day-to-day basis to the CEO of the Company and will work closely with other members of the Senior Management team.
Strategic Planning and Implementation
• Provide strategic leadership and vision for HR and operations and associated projects, ensuring best practice of all operational activities and making sure that all actions accord with the relevant annual plans.
• Management of Human Resources and Health and Safety Function
• Develop and implement HR and Health and safety strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
• Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
• Manage the recruitment and selection process
• Support line managers in their roles
• Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
• Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organisation
• Nurture a positive working environment and act as an employee advocate
• Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
• Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
• Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
• Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management and Health and safety.
Management of Operational policies and procedures
• Long-term planning to create initiatives that further the company’s overall goals
• Assessing and analysing company procedures to find ways to minimise expenses and optimize profits through improving processes and procedures
• Identifying potential problems and points of friction and working to find solutions in order to maximize efficiency
• Coordinating different teams to foster exchange of ideas and provide cross-team learning opportunities
Management and Supervision of Staff (approx. 2)
• Carry out regular team meetings both with the whole team and with project teams as appropriate.
• Provide regular line management support and supervision sessions with relevant staff.
• Lead any recruitment of staff and deliver induction programmes for staff recruited.
• Ensure that all team members are clear about the appropriate policies and practice guidelines relevant to the work.
• Ensure that proper records, for example, of staff sick leave, time in lieu and holidays, are recorded and in order.
Report Writing, Monitoring and Evaluation
• Work with the staff and the CEO to ensure that appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms are in place in order to gauge the effectiveness of the work of the Dept. and Team.
• Management and oversight of the Staff Time Management Systems.
Reporting to the Board of DLDC
• Attend DLDC Board meetings when requested and provide reports, both written and verbal, on progress of associated projects as requested.
Involvement with Other DLDC Departments, Programmes and DLDC Working Groups
• Work as part of a team within DLDC and ensure the integration and co-ordination of the work into the other programmes, initiatives and staff of DLDC.
• Keep up to date with national policies and their potential impact on the SICAP and associated projects.
• Keep up to date with relevant regional and national developments through networking as appropriate.
• Ensure that documentation and files are maintained for the use of the Finance and Administration and for inspection by the Company Auditors, LCDC, Pobal and other relevant monitoring bodies.
To undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time in pursuance of the specific aims and objectives of the Company.
• To seek to ensure that all services are provided in an effective and appropriate manner, taking into account the needs of the target group.
• Self-motivation: self-starter, does not need constant supervision
• Leadership: can positively influence the behaviour of others through personal example
• Emotional maturity: has the ability to make healthy choices based on accurately identifying, understanding and managing own feelings and those of others
• Driven: demonstrates a high personal motivation to achieve and make things happen
• Interpersonal skills: builds rapport and is able to establish positive relationships with others
• Personal organisation: focus of effort consistently applied to where most impact will be achieved
• Managing the team: is able to develop group cohesion and commitment to team values
• Stability and persistence: the capacity to cope with stressful situations and operate successfully when under pressure
• Integrity: is seen to be honest and fair in dealing with others
• Open minded: demonstrates a capacity to listen and understand alternative viewpoints and opinions
• Developing others: looks for ways to develop team members in their role and beyond
• Change ready: responds positively to new demands and requirements
• Capacity to learn: can assess and balance a range of factors when making decisions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Good IT skills
• Proven capacity to work flexibly and on own initiative.
• Experience of working effectively as part of a team
• A commitment to best practice.
• Research techniques and report writing
• Facilitation of teams and groups
• Administration, minute taking, organization and time management skills
• A recognised Third Level qualification in Human Resources essential and Health and Safety desirable.
• Proven working experience as HR Manager or other HR Executive
• People oriented and results driven
• Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
• Knowledge of HR systems and databases
• Commitment to integrating equality, social inclusion and anti poverty principles into community development practice
• Strong group facilitation skills
• Competent communication and report writing skills.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
PARTICULARS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position is offered on a full time basis (Continuation subject to funding) and a six month probation period will apply. Also successful completion Mentoring Support programme where applicable.
Remuneration: Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply for the position, please submit by email, a Letter of Application together with current Curriculum Vitae, to:
Donegal Local Development CLG
1 Millennium Court
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to arrive no later than 5pm, Thursday 8th October 2020.
Candidates will short listed for interview.
The interview will involve a 5/10-minute presentation (immediately before the interview) as to what the applicant envisages as to the role and how they would measure successes in the role.
Donegal Local Development CLG is committed to a Policy of Equal Opportunity.Tags: