An Mhachaire le Cheile Community group seek to appoint a part- time Project Coordinator to coordinate the plans and actions of the Maghery Coastal Adventures Programme.
The position, which is supported by Donegal Sports Partnership through a Sport Ireland / Dormant Accounts funding programme as part of the national sports hubs initiative, will be based in the Maghery Community Centre, Dungloe.
It will focus on the provision of a programme of recreational sports including water sports, walking and cycling to groups and individuals in the general catchment area of the Rosses.
- Planning and coordination of a programme of key activities in line with an agreed action plan in order to increase participation in outdoor adventure sports within the community.
- Overall responsibility for managing the day-to-day operations of Maghery Coastal Adventures (i.e bookings, communications, marketing & promotions)
- Continue to enhance the capacity of people within the community to further sustain the programme, with a dedicated programme of training & education opportunities.
- To support the project working group and produce bi-monthly programme updates on the development and growth of Maghery Coastal Adventures.
- To develop and maintain an efficient administration system including databases and information technology system – web page, online bookings, social media, etc.
- A third level qualification in a sports related field or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the sports sector or project management field.
- Excellent planning, organisational, administrative and IT skills.
- A full clean driving licence.
- Ability to work anti-social hours – evenings and weekends (7days per week)
Location Job Specifics
Coordinator-Maghery Coastal Adventures, ￼Ionad an Mhachaire, Maghery, Dungloe, Co. Donegal
* 12 month contract, 10hours per week
* Excellent interpersonal skills including an ability to engage and build confidence with marginalised and disadvantaged groups and individuals.
* Ability to work as part of a team motivating others and support an existing team of instructors.
* Passionate about promoting outdoor adventure sport and physical activity.
* A good knowledge of outdoor adventure sports and relevant National Governing
Bodies of Sport (NGB) protocols and guidelines.
* A good knowledge and understanding of the local community and surrounding sports
Remuneration will be based around an hourly rate of €18 per hour, agreed set costs will be linked to the position such as office equipment and phone. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the information they provide in their application. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of the 26th-30th October 2020.
Further information on the Project Coordinator position can be obtained from the Manager, An Mhachaire le Cheile, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 07495-22724
Applications must be received by 5:00pm on Friday 16th October 2020 either by email email@example.com or in the post to:
An Mhachaire le Cheile, Maghery, Dungloe, Letterkenny PO,
NOTE: Candidates who send their application by post should use the correct value of postage stamps and allow sufficient time to ensure delivery not later than 5:00pm on Friday 16th October 2020 the latest time of acceptance, where applicable. Claims that any application form has been lost or delayed in the post or through email will not be considered, unless applicants have a Post Office certificate of posting or an email delivery report in support of such claims.