Inishowen Cooperative Society Limited is seeking an experienced and analytical Financial Controller (FC) with strong numerical skills to drive the organisation’s financial operations and improve financial performance.
Duties of the FC will include supervising accounting staff, supervising the IT function, overseeing internal controls, setting financial targets, engaging with the Board of Management, managing investing activities, developing financial strategy, conducting feasibility studies, monitoring expenditure, overseeing annual insurance, monitoring cash flow, evaluating new investment opportunities, and managing tax compliance.
Strong skills in sound financial planning will assist the organisation in implementing effective financial strategies, managing debt, improving revenue, maintaining a healthy financial position, and the preparation of annual audited financial statements.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, good strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, exceptional numerical proficiency, and strong leadership skills and, ideally, will have experience in a similar role with an Agri Supplies and/or Builder Merchant organisation.
• Directing financial planning and strategy.
• Analysing and reporting on financial performance.
• Overseeing audit and tax functions.
• Developing and implementing accounting policies.
• Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets.
• Training and upgrading the skills of accounting staff.
• Reviewing departmental budgets.
• Assessing, managing, and minimising risk.
• Analysing complex financial data.
• Managing internal controls.
• Preparing annual financial statements
• Accounting or Finance degree.
• Proficiency in accounting and some experience with payroll software.
• Financial management experience.
• Good communication skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Broad knowledge of accounting principles.
• Willingness to quickly understand the Accounting Principles used by Cooperatives in Ireland
Applications by way of CV to email@example.com
Inishowen Coop is an equal opportunities employer.