The Cope in Dungloe require a full-time Grocery Store manager.
An excellent opportunity exists internally within the company who are currently seeking a high calibre, self motivated Business Manager for their Dungloe Foodstore.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a busy grocery store with full Profit and Loss accountability.
• Managerial experience in a similar retail environment essential
• Experience of high-level turnover
• Ability to work with “a hands on” approach.
• Excellent leadership skills: Must be able to manage and develop a team
• Experience in a demanding and energetic role
• Experience with Profit and Loss accountability preferred
Key Skills, Responsibilities:
• Ability to carry out the company’s business objectives and strive to achieve targeted results.
• To have a strong work ethic always striving to be the best.
• Ability to lead, manage and inspire a team of up to 30 staff members when on duty. Experience with performance management and disciplinary/grievance will be required.
• Commitment to the organisation with full ownership of the store, with responsibility for cash, stock control, waste, profit margins, employee development, recruitment and customer care.
• The determination and self-confidence to drive sales and productivity.
• An excellent knowledge of the retail grocery industry and current trends.
• Strong organisational skills and excellent communication and people management skills.
• Good understanding of weekly financial reports with an ability to develop, measure and deliver key performance indicators (KPI’s).
• Computer literacy essential.
• Good knowledge of the EPOS system (Retail Solutions) an advantage.
• Be fluent in the English language both written and spoken. Irish would be an advantage.
• Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
Attributes and Experience:
• To have a strong work ethic and commitment to “best in class” standards.
• Determination and self-confidence to drive sales and productivity forward through creativity and engagement.
• Thrive on achieving exceptional results whilst working to strict deadlines, and always leading from the front.
• Manage commercial performance, driving sales, cost management and waste control.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your application in writing to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS SUNDAY 1st November 2020.