The best of food and drink from the Donegal Gaeltacht will be celebrated this week at the Údarás na Gaeltachta Food & Drink EXPO 2020.
A rich range of Donegal producers will be highlighted during the online event which takes place from Tuesday 27th October to Wednesday 28th October 2020.
There will be an opportunity, on Údarás na Gaeltachta’s social media channels, to meet the producers, (virtually) taste the cookery demonstrations, learn amazing recipes, connect with the companies and purchase excellent produce.
Some of the local companies that will be included in the Expo include:
- Arán Ard Teo: Gallagher’s delicious range of Gluten Free Breads and Muffins is one of the largest producers and exporters of bread in Ireland.
- Irish Fish Canners produce a range for John West using the best kippers herring available in the North Atlantic, IFC also produces their own range of smoked/pepper smoked/steamed mackerel fillets available in Supervalu stores
- Kombucha Éireannach Teoranta: The Doirí Beaga brand produces the refreshing SynerChi Kombucha which is certified organic, naturally free from dairy, gluten and soy, and is only 59 kCals per bottle.
- Bácús Uí Bhaoill Teo in Baile na Finne produces quality baked confectionery and with 60 different products, most treats are delicately handmade and decorated.
- Cois Farraige Bakery: Freshly baked and using lovingly prepared ingredients, Cois Farraige Bakery offers distinctive, even quirky treats, gourmet sandwiches and salads, and authentic, artisan baked goods. Available to buy from the bakery or online.
- Zero Bacon: Zero Bacon provides a range of meats without nitrates, added water or rind. Their meats are cured for maximum flavour and include Zero Bacon Brine Cure, Zero Bacon Dry Cure, Zero Bacon Burgers.
- Irish Premium Oysters: Grown in the unique and unspoilt Leitir Mhic an Bhaird that gives their oysters their unique taste, a combination of saltwater sea mixing with brackish freshwater rich in minerals.
- Drioglann Shliabh Liag: Sliabh Liag Distillers is the first distilling company in the county for over 175 years, and from their new home in Ard an Rátha they supply super-premium spirits brands, including Silkie & Dark Silkie Irish Whiskey, An Dúlamán Gin and Assaranca Vodka.
- Bellaville Farm: Isabella Rowatt has built up a farm business from scratch on a 34ac holding in the hills of Donegal. At Bellaville Farm, all Bella’s goats are hand-reared on her free-range farm. Bella went down a unique road by making burgers with goat meat and works hand in hand with local family butchers every step of the way to ensure they are of the best quality. She sells four products, the goat burger, the goat and pork link sausage, the pork sausage lamb burgers.
Over 1,750 people or up to a quarter of the jobs supported by Údarás na Gaeltachta throughout the Gaeltacht are working in the food and drinks sector. The sector supports a payroll of up to €30m and up to €108m of direct expenditure in the Irish economy.
The Gaeltacht Food & Drink EXPO 2020 will give a ‘taste’ of the commitment, talent, huge efforts and progress that Gaeltacht products have made, products that are very popular which have won awards here at home in Ireland and on the international awards scene also.
Follow the event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UdarasnaG or any of the Údarás na Gaeltachta social media channels.