Donegal Tourism has unveiled the winners of its recent Donegal – Discover What’s on your Doorstep Photography Competition.
Six photos have been selected as winners of the contest, which encouraged people to celebrate the scenery of our home county.
Adventurer Sinead McCahey took the overall prize with this capture of kayaking at Owey Island:
With almost 1,200 entries the standard was incredibly high and really showcased the whole of our beautiful county. Hopefully when we can all travel again these beautiful images will help inspire us all to discover more of Donegal, in particular those hidden gems that we may not have known about before.
Speaking about the Discover What’s on your Doorstep Photography Competition, Cathaoirleach of Donegal County Council Cllr Rena Donaghey said “Donegal has some of the most beautiful scenery and exciting attractions in the country and all the entries have served to highlight this even further. With entries coming from all across Europe it is clear that so many people love our county and what we have to offer. I want to congratulate everyone who participated in the competition and in particular the winners. I look forward to a time when we can all start discovering more of what is on offer here on our doorstep in Donegal .’’
All the photos received were evaluated by the area of Donegal they were taken in.
The best photo taken in each Municipal District will receive a €100 voucher for a Donegal Hotel and the overall winner will receive a Canon Camera.
The winners are:
- Overall Winner: Kayaking at Owey Island by Sinead McCahey
- Best photo taken in the Donegal Municipal District: Tullan Strand, Bundoran by John Carver
- Best photo taken in the Glenties Municipal District: Gaoth Dobhair Harbour by Naoise O’Baoill
- Best photo taken in the Inishowen Municipal District: Grianan Aileach by Lee Morrow
- Best photo taken in the Letterkenny and Milford Municipal District: Lough Salt by Treasa G Frazer
- Best photo taken in the Stranorlar Municipal District: Trusk Lough by Bronagh Marnie
To see all of the winning photos visit our website www.govisitdonegal.com
Donegal Tourism would like to thank everyone who participated in the competition and shared their special places in Donegal. The team will be sharing more of these photos over the coming months which will inspire us to discover more of Donegal!