New year, new beginnings! The Irish School of Reflexology and Wellness in Stranorlar, Co. Donegal are delighted to introduce a new course in February.
The ITEC Level 3 Award in Diet and Nutrition is an opportunity for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in complementary therapy and to gain a professional qualification in Diet and Nutrition.
Starting on 9th February 2021, this course is online only. Enrollment is now open on www.irishschoolofreflexology.
Tatiana Grosso, Principal of ISR&W explains more:
This course complements Reflexology ( but also other holistic therapies) so well because, as reflexologists, we know how health encapsulates the physical, mental, and spiritual energies. Health comes from an holistic approach that takes into consideration the whole picture: we are what we eat, we are what we do and we are what we think.
So keeping all this in mind: what we do needs to be healing, what we eat needs to be strengthening, what we think needs to be uplifting.
People today are developing a new and responsible attitude to themselves, a new concept of sickness and health, and this in turn is leading them to preventative methods of healing therapies that gives them faith in themselves.
We, as Therapists, can support our clients in this journey by adding this skill to our knowledge library.
This Nutrition qualification is geared towards learners who want to work within the complementary therapy industry. This course can be a great chance for personal development and awareness also for people who are not from the sector to gain insight and knowledge about Nutrition and will open up great opportunities of development and progression in holistic health.
Opportunities for Progression:
Students who achieve this award may protect to other awards at Level 3 and 4 including:
- Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies
- Level 3 Diploma in Massage
- Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology
- Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy
- Level 3 Diploma in Indian Head Massage
- Level 3 Certificate in Stone Therapy Massage
- Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage
- Level 4 Diploma in Spa and Salon Management
- Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage
I am very excited to start this new adventure! I have always been interested in Nutrition. But the role and importance of Nutrition became clearer to me as I progressed with my studies and as I was working with my own patients.
I have started to appreciate even more the benefits of having a proper diet while practicing and teaching Reflexology. As we know Health comes from a combination of different factors. And diet plays a crucial role in the scenario.
New courses at the Irish School of Reflexology and Wellness in 2021:
With many people looking to start afresh in the New Year, the ISR&W is presenting its new courses for developing your skills.
- ITEC Level 3 Award in Diet and Nutrition – starting 9th February online
- Refresher Reflexology Weekend: Reflexology Refresher Course – Donegal: 20th and 21st of February 2021
- Practitioner’s Diploma in Foot Reflexology – starting on the 27th and 28th of February
- One Day Hand Reflexology course is also coming soon.
The Irish School of Reflexology & Wellness are leaders in holistic health education. Our goal is to educate and train our students to the highest levels of excellence.
We achieve this by:
1. Offering Comprehensive, professional and multi-platform education;
2. Delivering high-quality course material and experienced tutors;
3. Accompanying students through their own journey of personal growth during their training.
By constantly monitoring and improving our own high standards, the ISR&W fosters competence, professionalism, and community; and always strives to preserve and share knowledge in natural healing. Through the promotion of these values we demonstrate our respect for our students, employees, associates and our community.
Here, Tatiana Grosso, N.R.R.I., Principal of ISR&W, shares further details of the upcoming courses:
ITEC Level 3 Award in Diet and Nutrition
Starting 9th February 2021 – Online Only. Download the course brochure at: https://www.irishschoolofreflexology.com/nutritionlevel3itec
The ITEC Level 3 Award in Diet and Nutrition is an opportunity for the learner to explore and learn about all the intricate but fascinating implications that nutrition has to offer in order to understand how to maintain health. Amongst other subjects, we will be learning about the Enteric nervous system and gut health as well. The Enteric Nervous System is also referred as The Brain in the Gut. The gut has a mind of its own, the “enteric nervous system”. Just like the brain, researchers say this system sends and receives impulses, records experiences and responds to emotions. Its nerve cells are bathed and influenced by the same neurotransmitters as the brain. The gut can upset the brain just as the brain can upset the gut. The gut’s brain or the “enteric nervous system” is located in the sheaths of tissue lining the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon. It should be really interesting to learn how much gut health and the food we eat can affect us and our wellbeing.
The aim of the Irish School of Reflexology and Wellness is to promote and support the healing journeys of their students and their clients.
This course provides the related knowledge and understanding required to advise the client on healthy eating and well-being; in particular health and safety considerations, the role and sources of nutrients required for a balanced diet and to maintain good health, understanding of metabolism, and the basic rules and guidelines to food labelling.
The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 Award in Diet and Nutrition is to enable learners to gain the necessary theoretical skills in order to provide healthy eating advice to their clients and to gain employment in the complementary therapy industry.
The student will gain knowledge in the following areas:
• Diet and nutrition – to include dietary requirements such as; roles of carbohydrates, protein, fibre, vitamins, nutritional value of foods, effects of antioxidants and common ailments.
• The student will also learn about related health and safety, and client care and communication which is essential in order to work and be successful in the industry.
This qualification also provides:
• The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the healthy eating skills listed above effectively, in particular the dietary requirements and common diseases and disorders
• Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a dietary advice setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
• Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a healthy eating adviser.
Enrollment is now open on www.irishschoolofreflexology.
Practitioner’s Diploma in foot Reflexology
New term starting on the 27th and 28th of February
The Irish School of Reflexology and Wellness provides professional training in traditional reflexology, which enables students to build their own practice or add to their existing health care practice.
The ISR is Accredited with the National Register of Reflexologists IRL. At the end of the year, the students will be awarded a Diploma in Traditional Foot Reflexology (recognised by all the major health insurance companies- VHI, Aviva, LayaHealthcare) and will be able to start their own practice, go to work in hospital, daycare centre, hospices, spas, and hotels.
“At the ISR we aim to teach every individual, not just the group, looking to specific ways to help each one of our students in this process in a way that is tailored exactly to them,” says Tatiana Grosso Lawless, Principal of the Irish School of Reflexology.
“We want our students to feel confident in their own practice so when they finish the Diploma course they are in a position to confidently and effectively help their clients with their own complaints and problems. Helping others to heal is our mission and the priority in everything that we teach.
“The Diploma is part-time (one weekend per month) which means our students will only need to attend one weekend per month only. No previous experience needed.
“Part of our syllabus will be teaching the A&P in a way that students will use that knowledge in their treatment. Knowing how the body works will be very useful to understand how to help our clients when the body is not in balance or ill.
“We will be also covering the theory of Reflexology, holistic approach, practical work, and much more. We are very proud of the level of training we provide to our students and they seem to appreciate that.”
Some of the modules are:
- How to use Reflexology to work on specific illnesses and conditions as well as the whole body
- How to set up your own Reflexology practice
- Maternity and Infertility Reflexology
- An introduction to hand Reflexology
- Anatomy and physiology- all the systems of the body. Understand order in order to understand disorders
- Nutrition and healthy habits
- How to interact with patients and manage their care
Enrollment is now open on www.irishschoolofreflexology.
Refresher Reflexology Weekend
Reflexology Refresher Course – Donegal: 20th & 21st of February 2021.
Refresher Courses are ideal for therapists who haven’t used their skills in a while and would like to get their confidence back. This course is suitable for out-of-practice but trained reflexologists who are keen to return to practicing their healing skills more frequently and learning more about the many conditions they can help to relieve with reflexology.This two days Refresher Reflexology workshop is designed to give you the confidence to go out and be the therapist that you started out to be.
This Refresher Reflexology workshop is all about honing your skills, fine tuning your location of points and to get plenty of practice to get your fingers moving again.
Over the course of the two days you will:
- Get plenty of practice to get your fingers moving again with in-depth revision of thumb-walking and finger-walking techniques
- Explore existing and new Reflexology techniques, both basic and advanced
- Refresh your knowledge on the most common ailments/conditions and which reflexes to work with to treat them
- Be shown some advanced techniques to add to your treatment
- Be brought through a full revision of reading the feet, zone therapy and locating reflexes
- Realize that you actually have all the knowledge to be a great reflexologist
- Grow your confidence as a reflexologist
- Cover the importance of joining an organization for your clients to avail of money back from their insurance companies
- Learn useful business strategies to help build and grow your business.
At the end of the weekend, students will receive a Certificate of Attendance and enjoy a newly rediscovered confidence to go out and practice.
Enrollment is now open on www.irishschoolofreflexology.
Coming soon- One Day Hand Reflexology
The Irish School of Reflexology and Wellness is located at The Base Enterprise Centre, Stranorlar, Co. Donegal.
Enrolment is open now for the new term in February 2021 at www.irishschoolofreflexology.comTags: