Donegal County Council has provided a number of community grit heaps in the Finn Valley area.
With the forecast for next week suggesting a plunge in temperatures, Cllr Patrick McGowan has welcomed the move.
There are community grit heaps at the following locations:
Castlefin RSS Area:
(1) “beside Gibson’s Farm Shop, Letterkenny Road, Stranorlar”
(2) “Behind the Community Hall Building, Crossroads Village (i.e. Across from McCreary’s Hardware Store)).
Drumkeen RSS Area:
(1) “beside Jimmy Gallagher’s Garage, Drumkeen Village”
(2) “At Glenmore Picnic Area, Welchtown, Ballybofey”.
Lifford RSS Area:
(1) “Machinery Yard, Lifford”
(2) “Tullyowen Council Depot, St. Johnston”
(3) “Convoy side of Raphoe at Council Chip Bed”.
The Council have grit left on some of the steep hills/junctions around the area and will also keep any existing Grit Heaps topped up as necessary.Tags: