The Irish diaspora worldwide is being invited to support the homeless this month by joining the North West Simon Tea Day.
The charity is calling on family and friends to reconnect online on Thursday, 18th or any day in February, with the aim of supporting a worthy cause.
Collette Ferguson from North West Simon Community said: “This has been a challenging year for us all! North West Simon community Fundraising Events have had to be cancelled which account for 80% of our income. However, just because we cannot come together and meet face-to-face, we can, come together virtually.”
In 2020 the charity supported 224 adults and 225 children in Sligo, Leitrim and Donegal.
A Virtual Tea Day is an easy and fun way to maintain social distancing and connect with family, friends and colleague while also raising vital funds for North West Simon Community.
It’s very simple to do…
- Let us know that you’d like to host a Virtual Tea Day – contact details below:
- Set a date and spread the word to your friends, family or colleagues. The more people you can get involved, the better!
- Choose a platform – Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts and WhatsApp are popular options. Make sure everyone has the link to join your virtual Tea Day.
- You can have fun and theme your online get together – share your ideas with us on our Facebook page and inspire others to get involved – share your photos using #NWSimonTeaDay and post to the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
- Log in, have a cuppa, a chat and encourage everyone to make a donation to North West Simon Community via our website: www.northwestsimon.ie/donate.In the comment box, reference “Tea Day” OR, donate via Bank Transfer, with your name / your group / your organisation.
North West Simon Community bank details are:
IBAN IE82 AIBK 9371 8505 2910 91
Alternatively, call North West Simon Community and a representative can take a card payment over the phone. For further details, contact Collette on: 087 0552478 or e mail: email@example.comTags: