A Letterkenny company has launched an exciting creative writing competition for children during lockdown.
Boyd HR are celebrating World Book Day by shining a light on the “little unsung heroes” of the pandemic.
The competition will keep young minds active by inviting them to put pen to paper and dream up great stories.
“We may be HR Executives but we are also parents and we understand how hard it has been for children over the past 12months. Now more than ever is a time for imagination and we want to give them an outlet to use theirs and be creative,” said the Boyd HR team.
Amazing prizes from The Bookmark, Letterkenny are up for grabs for the winners.
How to enter
Write a story using the following themes…
– Best Friends – write about why your best friend is your best friend!! (please anonymise)
– Animals- your favourite animal, your family pet or if you could own any animal what would it be?
– Adventures – somewhere you have been or would like to go.
– Your Favourite Day – this can be a fictional story or a real life event.
– From me to me – Write a letter to your future self — a letter you can only open 30 years from now.
– Time Travel – If you found a time machine, would you use it to travel to the past or future? Why?
– Make a Wish – If a genie could grant you any one wish, what would it be?
There are 3 age categories:
- 5 – 7- up to 250 words
- 8 – 10 – up to 600 words
- 10 – 12 – up to 1000 words
The writing must be handwritten. An adult can take a photo/scan and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Boyd HR, Crossview House, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal.
Applications must be received by Friday 12th March 2021.
When sending the application, please enter the child’s name and age in the subject line of the email or on a separate page if posting.
The winner in each category will receive a prize of a voucher and a hamper from The Bookmark, Letterkenny.