Buncrana Credit Union (BCU) is seeking a Business Development & Communications Manager.
Reporting to the CEO and working with the Marketing and Strategy Committees, the role will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of Buncrana Credit Union’s communications and business development strategy to generate growth in line with strategic goals.
The Business Development & Communications Manager’s duties will include:
• Enhance, manage and lead internal and external communications strategy ensuring brand quality and consistency of all external communications.
• Enhance, manage and lead electronic and in-person service delivery channels, product development, member analysis and segmentation, website and social media presence, communication with our community, advertising, promotion and community support.
• Enhance, manage and lead the digital & off-line marketing strategy in order to achieve strategic goals and KPI’s.
• Design and maintain social media presence, ensuring consistency across all channels. Define digital objectives to improve visitor traffic, promote engagement and increase new member acquisition growth.
• Take responsibility for the planning, development and delivery of marketing campaigns across all marketing mediums and functions within BCU and continuously evaluate effectiveness.
• Manage public relations & events in line with the strategic and marketing plans. Co-ordinate the preparation for, and the running of, events such as the annual AGM, prize draws, schools quiz, competitions etc.
• Initiate, build and manage relationships with other bodies such as schools, youth groups, community groups & employers within the common bond, with a view to strengthening our position within the common bond as a pillar community organisation and to grow memberships and loans, in line with our strategic plan.
• Lead in the promotion and embedding of a sales culture environment, coaching others in sales techniques and strategies.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• A third level Marketing degree and/or at least three years experience in a similar role with a proven track record of achievement in a results-driven, customer-focused environment;
• Technical capacity and energy to enhance and shape Buncrana Credit Union’s member service offering to deliver the highest standards of service in a competitive environment through innovation, utilising new technologies and collaboration.
• Possess excellent communication and leadership skills;
• Possess demonstrable organisational and IT skills to formulate, develop & deliver business development & communications projects and enhancements within budget;
• Have experience in all aspects of digital/social media in a workplace context;
• Have the ability to work to targets and deadlines as part of a committed team; and
• Have an understanding of the evolving credit union business model and ethos.
This is a full-time permanent contract and will involve work outside normal business hours and at weekends. A clean Driving Licence and access to a car is essential.
If you feel you can meet the requirements of this role, please visit our website at https://www.buncranacu.ie/recruitment for further information and to download an application form and recruitment privacy notice.
Applications must be received by BCU via the method stated on the website on or before 5pm on Wednesday 24th March 2021.
Applicants should note that the Fitness and Probity Standards for Credit Unions apply to this position.
Please note that only applications received and completed on the standard application form will be considered. Canvassing will disqualify.
Buncrana Credit Union is an equal opportunities employer. Further screening criteria may be applied.