Job Vacancy: Donegal Town Credit Union has announced a vacancy for a Finance Officer to join their team.
JOB TITLE: Finance Officer
CREDIT UNION: Donegal Town Credit Union
REPORTING TO: Credit Union Assistant Manager
GENERAL SCOPE OF ROLE:
This role encompasses the ownership of the Finance Function within the Credit Union,
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, the Finance Officer will have responsibility for ensuring the accounts of the Credit Union are maintained and reported in an accurate, timely and compliant manner
- Management and balancing of the daily cash
- Preparation of daily bank reconciliations
- Posting and paying supplier invoices on a timely basis.
- Preparation of the monthly Management accounts
- Preparation of payroll
- Management of incoming and outgoing bank files
- Completion of revenue returns
- Completion of Central Bank Reporting
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring monthly and annual budgets and forecasts
- reconciliation of monthly investment listing to the General Ledger and Management of Credit Union Investments.
- Liaise with the credit control function and provide support in optimising its benefit
- Responsible for the preparation of financial information for the Board and committees
- Costings and developing a business case/model for new products
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as auditors, advisors and the Central Bank as and when required
- Support the CEO by providing analysis of financial information, with the provision of ad hoc reports that will lead to new business initiatives and/or inform better financial management
- Overall responsibility for Controls and Compliance in Accounts, EFT and cash offices, ensuring that all statutory requirements are met
- Review and updating of relevant policies e.g. Procurement Policy and Investment Policy for board approval
- Any other finance related duties that the CEO/Assistant Manager requires completed
Ideal Candidate will be:
- Professional accounting qualification obtained from a recognised accountancy body. (Desired)
- 2 years post qualification experience
- Good Understanding of Financial Reporting Standards
- Strong IT capabilities
- Team player, with the ability to work to deadlines.
Salary will depend on skills and experience.
Closing date for applications is 18th May 2021.
Please apply in writing with full CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Reference is FIN2021
Donegal Town Credit Union is an Equal Opportunities EmployerTags: