Job vacancy: Bryson Recycling is currently recruiting for a Driver/Recycling Operative to join their team.
Job title: Driver/Recycling Operative
Responsible to: Supervisor / Manager
Location: All 6 Bryson managed Recycling Centres in County Donegal: Letterkenny, Stranorlar, Milford, Carndonagh, Dungloe and Laghey
The Driver will be responsible for carrying out the collection and delivery of recycling materials from each of the Co. Council sites operated by Bryson Recycling in County Donegal and/or the collection from direct customers of materials as required.
Under his/her Operative duties he/she will maintain and operate the Recycling Centres to the agreed standards and take responsibility for monitoring quality in each of our locations and reporting his/her findings.
• Operation of a 3.5 / 7.5 tonne diesel recycling vehicle.
• Maintain the collection of materials as required.
• Supervising collections/deliveries and assisting operatives/trainees as required.
• Collecting and returning the vehicle to and from the depot at Letterkenny Recycling Centre ensuring it is safely secured at all times.
• Performing quality checks on recycling materials received and recycling centres visited on an on-going basis and reporting findings to the Manager.
• Offloading the vehicle and organising the completion of the baling operations within Health and Safety guidelines.
• Carry out daily vehicle inspection on the van truck and forklift and ensure vehicles are safe to use and kept clean and tidy.
• Provide direction and assistance to customers as they arrive to use recycling facilities at the Recycling Centres.
• Handle recyclable materials and household waste material as it arrives to the sites. Sorting, separating and bulking of recyclable materials as required.
Maintain Bryson Recycling Quality and Health & Safety standards. Ensure that all necessary steps are taken to ensure the safe passage of customers through the civic amenity site at all times.
• Handing cash and credit card transactions.
• To work within Bryson Charitable Group’s Mission & Values and adhere to all Standards, Policies & Procedures including Health & Safety.
• To attend team meetings as required.
• Adhere to and promote Equality Policies and Procedures.
• Ensure that safe lifting and working practices are observed and appropriate personal protection equipment is worn/used at all times.
• To partake in relevant training as required.
• Complete documentation as required.
• Maintain good relationship with customers and the local community-assisting in the customer’s use of the recycling centre and answering questions and addressing issues to the best of his/her ability.
• Co-operate in occasional media stories and promotions as required and assist in the promotion of the recycling centres in Donegal.
• Use of initiative to deal with operational issues as they arise.
• Help stack WEEE appliances onto pallets when collecting from sites.
• Any other duties associated with the operations as required by management.
• A flexible approach to work is required. Flexible start and stop times will vary between 7am and 8pm dependent on operational requirements. Work will include Saturdays on an on-going basis.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Length of Contact: Part time
Salary: €12.42 per hour
Hours: 16 hours per week.
Holidays: 9 Statutory Days paid pro rata 20 Annual Days pro rata
Probationary Period: 6 months
Notice: 4 weeks
Hours of Work: Working hours will vary between Monday – Saturday, 8:00am- 7:00pm
Please note: There may be a requirement to possibly work a number of Sundays throughout the year
BRYSON RECYCLING SICK PAY SCHEME APPLIES. CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEME APPLIES.
BRYSON OPERATE A NO SMOKING POLICY – THANK YOU FOR NOT SMOKING DURING WORKING HOURS.
ALL BRYSON EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO RESPECT AN INDIVIDUALS RIGHT TO PRIVACY, DIGNITY, CHOICE AND INDEPENDENCE.
EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE RESPONSIBILITY FOR DRIVING AND CARE OF COMPANY VEHICLES MUST COMPLY WITH THE REGULATIONS AS STIPULATED IN THE BRYSON CHARITABLE GROUP DRIVERS HANDBOOK.
For more information, or a full job description/person specification, please contact the Human
Resources Department Tel: (028) 90 325 835 or email: email@example.com
Application packs are downloadable from https://bryson.getgotjobs.co.uk/home, where there is
also the option to apply online.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 28th May at 5pm.