Job vacancy: Our client, a busy retailer in Letterkenny wish to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant whose main role is to assist in producing accurate accounting figures within strict deadlines to assist with the efficient running of the company.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, keen to develop and take responsibility.
Contract Type: Part-time 24 hours Permanent
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monthly reconciliations and month-end preparation including Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliation and Intercompany Management- Cheques Journal and Cash Book.
- Maintaining Purchase Ledger – Resolving any queries and finalising supplier monthly statements for payment.
- Establish and maintain excellent and consistent relationships with the suppliers and returns departments.
- Liaise with staff in house responsible for returns – ensuring that credits due are kept up to date.
- Establish and maintain excellent and consistent client relationships to ensure that payments are kept up to date.
- Customer query resolution – provide copy invoices and statements, ensuring effective follow up to ensure credit requests are met.
- Other Office Administration as required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar administration role
- The ability to pay attention to detail
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Competence in Microsoft Office products, Excel and experience in accounting software programmes
- The ability to reconcile accounts with excellent attention to detail
Please note that only applications with the relevant experience will be considered.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a cover letter (in one single document) to firstname.lastname@example.org; clearly outlining how you meet the criteria.