Job Vacancy: Fruit of the Loom International Ltd. are recruiting for a Supply Planner to join their team in Buncrana, Co. Donegal.
Fruit of the Loom was born in 1851. Today, Fruit of the Loom is a global brand, providing colourful t-shirts, fleece, underwear and apparel. Staying true to our roots and close to our heritage, we pride ourselves in delivering authentic quality, value and style.
Fruit of the Loom has a deeply rooted Code of Conduct, strict policies regarding human and workers’ rights, environmental sustainability, and good business ethics – for our own factories as well as for all our suppliers. We do not cut corners, which is regularly certified by international independent certification organizations such as Amfori, Oekotex and GOTS. In 2019, we launched our first Sustainability Report to establish a baseline and pursue ambitious environmental goals moving forward.
From our Irish office in Buncrana, Co Donegal, we manage our textile manufacturing operations for Europe, and procure sourced products to our European B2B customers.
We are offering a position as:
Supply Planner (Finished Goods – Textiles)
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for procuring sourced goods from world-wide suppliers, while ensuring the optimal total cost, inventory, on-time launch of new products, and will effectively manage the vendor/supplier relationships. Close coordination with Senior Management and other departments internally is an important part of the role as well!
Job tasks include:
- Create a monthly purchase order plan in line with the Company goals, based on analysis of all relevant data, and issue to suppliers
- Provide report generation capabilities to senior management in order to support key business decisions
- Provide reports relating to forecasts, balance of contracts and inventory status at regular intervals
- Carry out required system updates and maintenance across several data bases
- Manage external supplier relationships on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with Management, Demand Planning (for analysis of forecasts) as well as with Shipping, among other departments
- Graduate level in Mathematics/Computer Science, alternatively Business Degree with a logistics focus
- Preferably 3 – 5 years working experience in a busy Supply Chain Planning environment
- Analytical mind and affinity with numbers
- Ability to see the bigger picture but at the same time show excellent attention to detail
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel and ideally also Oracle
- Be methodical and organised
- Have the ability to multi task effectively and work within strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written English required
Job Type: Full time & permanent
Salary Information: not disclosed
Please note that post Covid-19 the role is required to be on site.
Please email your CV to European.Applications@fotlinc.com, attention of Melanie Thompson.
Fruit of the Loom International Ltd., Unit 6, Lisfannon Business Centre, Lisfannon, Buncrana, Co.Donegal