Donegal Local Development CLG and its partners Donegal Travellers Project and the Donegal Intercultural Platform CLG invite applications for the following vacancy:
EQUALITY OFFICER/PROJECT MANAGER
Donegal Local Development CLG is an integrated local development company established in 1995. We deliver a number of external funded programmes to the Donegal community. As the main employer working with our partners Donegal Intercultural Platform & Donegal Travellers Project, we will be delivering our newest project under the RETHINK IRELAND funding programme.
The key focus of which will be working towards inclusivity for the Black, Minority and Ethnic (BME) Communities including Travellers & Roma across Donegal. The project will seek to build dynamic relationships at an individual and societal level which will be based on understanding, acceptance, trust, respect and equality.
We are now inviting urgent applications for the following new position:
- Equality Officer/Project Manager
- 21 hours per week (working pattern to be agreed)
- Salary for this position will be commensurate with knowledge, skills and experience.
- The position is funded for a period of 3 years which may be extended or reduced subject to continuation of funding
- You will co-ordinate and oversee the development of the project and will line manage the Community Links Workers and relevant others. It is essential that you have current people management experience.
- It is essential that you have a third level qualification in Community Development/Social Inclusion/Equality/Diversity or related field.
- You will have a comprehensive knowledge of terms, themes and issues related to racism and race- related discrimination in Ireland including Travellers and Roma.
- It is desirable that you have knowledge of NGO’s and State Bodies with a focus on Equality and Human Rights.
The role is expected to be based in Letterkenny, however flexibility may be possible with regards to location. You should have a clean driving license and access to your own car for travel.
To apply for the position, please submit by email, a Letter of Application together with current Curriculum Vitae to: HR Department, Donegal Local Development CLG , 1 Millennium Court, Pearse Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal to: email@example.com
Partnership panel interviews will be held week beginning 19th July 2021. We reserve the right to enhance both the essential and desirable shortlisting criteria, dependent on response. A panel may be formed from which similar vacancies may be filled.
Donegal Local Development CLG is committed to a Policy of Equal Opportunity. Canvassing will disqualify. Previous applicants need not applyTags: