Job Vacancy: The SFPA are seeking to establish a panel of suitably qualified candidates to fill Sea Fisheries Protection Officer vacancies which may arise in its office in Greencastle, Co. Donegal.
A Sea Fishery Protection Officer performs multi-faceted front-line roles related to Sea-Fisheries conservation and Seafood safety. This work requires the regular conduct of direct inspections onboard fishing vessels, at processing establishments and seafood business premises and in other places of fisheries and marine activity.
- Conducting direct inspections of fishing vessels, processing establishments, seafood business premises and other places of fisheries and marine activity to verify compliance and to detect non-compliance with Sea-Fisheries and Seafood safety legislation.
- Taking appropriate follow-up action following these inspection activities such as writing reports, inputting data into databases of inspection activity, compilation of written statements or attending court to act as a witness for the prosecution.
- Collecting, verifying and inputting fisheries statistics in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collecting samples of shellfish, fishery products and fish to sampling specification at shellfish production sites, fish processing establishments, auction halls and fishing vessels and ensuring the delivery of these samples in a suitable condition to conduct the analysis intended.
- Attending meetings or meeting with individuals to provide technical input on matters related to fisheries conservation, food safety and fisheries statistics or to advise groups or individuals on these matters or matters related to the policy of the Authority.
Essential Entry Requirements:
- Minimum qualification of a National Diploma Level 7 in a discipline relevant to the work of the Sea Fisheries Protection Authority.
Desirable Entry Requirements:
- Previous experience in a regulatory environment
- Fluent spoken and written English is absolutely essential
- Strong IT capability
- Full, clean driving licence
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates must complete an Online Application Form which can be found at www.sfpajobs.com.
Candidates must submit their application form via the online application portal before the deadline of 12 noon on Wednesday the 4th of August. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date.
For recruitment enquiries please contact SFPA@sigmar.ieTags: