Job Vacancies: Magee, based in Donegal Town, is a 5th generation Irish family business with over 150 years of experience in designing, weaving and tailoring cloth and clothing in Donegal. The Company operates across manufacturing, wholesale, retail and e-commerce.
Current vacancies include:-
Weaving / Warehouse Operative – this role involves operating weaving and fabric machinery, yarn preparation and Warehouse tasks as required. The role will be split between the Weaving and Warehouse depending on business needs. The individual must be enthusiastic, energetic and a quick learner who ideally is mechanically-minded. Weaving experience would be an advantage but is not essential as full training will be provided.
Seamstress – this is a role for an experienced sewing machinist who will be able to sew on labels to a professional standard, embroider logos, learn the skill of fabric mending and work in the Pattern Office.
Both of these roles are temporary but there may be an opportunity for either or both to become permanent.
Sales Assistant, The Diamond, Donegal Town – with a dynamic and engaging personality. Enthusiasm and energy are essential ingredients to making this role a success. The role covers all Sections of the store and will also include E-commerce sales. The role is full-time, 5 days a week to include Saturdays (plus some Sundays in peak season), so flexibility is essential.
Key requirements are:-
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience selling high quality products in a similar retail environment.
- A passion for selling with the desire to increase sales.
- Exceptional communications skills providing the customer with an unforgettable in-store experience.
- Attention to detail in all areas of the role and a quick learner who will learn how to measure customers for Made-to-Measure garments and ensure delivery of a garment made to the correct specifications.
- A good team player with the ability to use one’s own initiative.
Ongoing on-the-job training will be provided for all roles. Benefits include good rates of pay, Company pension scheme and generous workwear allowance after a qualifying period, store discount, free parking.
If you are interested in applying for any of these roles, please submit your cv to Ann Harley – email@example.com, specifying which role you are applying for.
Closing date is 20th August 2021.
Please note that we will only be replying to shortlisted candidates.