job Vacancy: Applicants are invited to express their interest in being considered for the position of Assistant Yard Manager at the Inishowen Coop Carndonagh.
Inishowen Coop Carndonagh is undergoing a full refurbishment and store layout and this is an exciting time to join the team. Reporting to the Yard Manager, the successful applicant will have responsibility and the opportunity to join the team in Carndonagh.
Key Responsibilities include: Carndonagh Yard
- Deal with Customers in a friendly and efficient manner
- Help to develop rotas and give staff direction ensuring they complete their role correctly and aid their development.
- Carry out inspections of goods received – checking for possible damage and ensuring a match between the docket, goods, GRN and P.O.
- Direct staff to accurately pick stock items in accordance with paperwork.
- Ensure orders are picked and loaded correctly for safe delivery to Customers.
- Liaise with Drivers so as to ensure the efficient delivery of customer orders.
- Keep up to date with product knowledge and be able to accurately describe product features and benefits.
- In association with the Yard staff maintain stock levels and do not let stocks go below the minimum reorder level.
- Ensure all staff comply with Environmental Health & Safety practices.
- In association with yard staff ensure the Yard is maintained in a clean & orderly way by ensuring ‘a place for everything and everything in its place’.
- Undertake stock cycle counts.
- Complete deliveries if directed.
- Carry out any duties as requested by Line Manager, Store Manager etc.
To be successful in the role requires individuals to be / have:
- Friendly and enjoys serving others.
- Driven and takes responsibility for ensuring excellent Customer service.
- Positive with a ‘can do will do’ attitude.
- Initiative and require the minimum supervision.
- A current clean HGV Driving Licence.
- An excellent team player.
- Experienced in the Construction and/or Agri. Sector and forklift experience would be an advantage.
If you feel you can tick some or all of the above requirements, then we would encourage you to apply in confidence by sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by Monday 4th of October 2021
Inishowen Co-Op is an equal opportunities Employer.Tags: