Job Vacancy: Letterkenny Institute of Technology invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Neurodiversity Support Worker (3-year fixed term contract).
Letterkenny Institute of Technology (LYIT) is a third level college located in Co. Donegal. It has two modern campuses in Letterkenny and Killybegs, employs 350 staff and have almost 5,000 students from all over Ireland and 30 different countries. In addition, LYIT’s CoLab, is home to 60 client companies, employing 180 staff. The college has an ambitious and progressive ethos, and has expanded its course curriculum to include over 100 programmes across 3 faculties, many up to Master’s Level. LYIT is currently pursuing Technological University status with its partners IT Sligo and GMIT.
LYIT offers a modern and inclusive working environment, in which equality and diversity are embraced. The Institutes are members of the Athena SWAN Charter and are working towards achieving gender equality and continue to welcome applications from female candidates.
Applications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of:
Neurodiversity Support Worker (3-year fixed term contract)
Duties to include the following:
- To lead on mentoring neurodiverse students.
- To conduct and deliver student supports in line with emerging research objectives under the supervision of LYIT staff.
- As part of a team provide all learning supports suitable for our diverse students.
- Develop and implement student focused transition arrangements from primary, post-primary schools and further education to LYIT with direct engagement at an early stage between the Curve and the prospective neurodivergent students.
- Applicants must hold a teaching qualification
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in primary or post primary or further education teaching is essential
- A recent specific qualification in neurodiversity is also a requirement
Salary Scale: €42,000 per annum
Please Note: The indicative date for interviews is Wednesday 3 November 2021.
The completed application should be submitted online not later than 12.00 noon on Wednesday 20 October 2021.
Recruitment in LYIT is now via the online eRecruitment system. For further details of this vacancy and future vacancies please refer to the link: www.lyit.ie/About/Careers-at-LYIT
Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to keep up to date with future career opportunities.
Letterkenny Institute of Technology is an equal opportunities employer.