Job Vacancy: Nomadic Dairy in Killygordon is now recruiting a Production Supervisor to join their operations team.
We’re a small yet mighty business punching above our weight, an underdog overcoming the odds, and now is the time to join us as we take our business to the next level.
Simply put, we make the best Yogurt you’ll ever taste. Made in County Donegal and supplied to the biggest and best grocers, convenience stores and food outlets throughout the UK and Ireland.
Our products out-perform the market and we have a huge opportunity to develop and assert our brand in a category that needs us!
We’re an established business, this is our 23rd year, but we’re not an establishment. We have a small business mentality, an entrepreneurial spirit and ambitious plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor to join our Operations department. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking to grow their career within an innovative company in a full-time permanent position.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager you will supervise and drive production teams and activities to optimize the overall plant performances.
- Supervise the production teams to ensure delivery on key manufacturing metrics, i.e. plant efficiencies, production volume etc. while adhering to food safety, health and safety, production and technical standards.
- Direct and organise the daily work activities to meet operational, manning and inter-departmental cross functional requirements.
- Update and inform the Manufacturing Manager of production activities, employee performance and work practices.
- Create and maintain an environment of teamwork and participation within Direct Reports and Support Groups.
- Maintain effective communication within the team and across departments.
- Identify opportunities to optimise and improve production efficiencies.
- Organisation and planning of staff and preparation of the weekly staff rota in line with the production schedule.
- Escalation of any non-conformances to Manufacturing Manager and Quality Team and assist in resolving these.
- Ability to lead, empower and motivate staff to ensure production targets/KPIs are achieved.
- Excellent communication, organizational & interpersonal skills required.
- Be organised and efficient and be able to work to tight deadlines while also being flexible towards their work.
- Ability to solve complex problems independently.
- Strong computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a supervisory position in a Manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the FMCG food / dairy-food industry would be an advantage.
- Please email your Covering Letter and CV to email@example.com by COB Friday, 5thNovember 2021.