Job Vacancy: Inishowen Credit Union (ICU) is offering an exciting and unique opportunity for an experienced compliance professional to join a dynamic team which is dedicated to delivering exceptional value and service to its members across the Inishowen Peninsula.
ICU was formed in the recent merger between Buncrana Credit Union and Foyle Credit Union and is a large credit union with 25,000 members and offices in Buncrana, Carndonagh, Moville and Muff.
The Compliance Manager will be a key member of the Management Team and will be responsible for the management of the compliance function to ensure that the credit union remains compliant with the legal and regulatory framework for credit unions, whilst delivering an excellent service to members.
The Compliance Manager will assume the role of Compliance Officer as defined in the Credit Union Act 1997 (as amended) and will have responsibility for Anti Money Laundering/Counter Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) and Data Protection (DP) compliance matters.
The Compliance Manager will be accountable and responsible for the following:
- Develop and enhance the credit union’s compliance framework in line with relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and industry best practice, including compliance policies, procedures, monitoring and assurance plans, testing and reporting to the Board of Directors. This will include compliance matters as defined in the Credit Union Act 1997 (as amended), AML/CTF and DP legislation;
- Contribute to the development of products and services to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and guidance; and
- Foster, encourage and promote a culture of compliance within the credit union.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- At least five years’ experience in a compliance role, preferably within the financial services sector at a middle to senior level;
- A recognised qualification, such as the ACOI Professional Diploma in Compliance;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the credit union compliance framework, including AML/CTF and DP;
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong influencing skills;
- Ability to articulate complex issues to others;
- Methodical, organised, focused and driven individual;
- A knowledge and understanding of the credit union movement would be an advantage.
This is a full-time permanent role. A competitive salary and benefit package will be on offer.
If you feel you can meet the requirements of this role, please visit our website at https://www.inishowencu.ie/Careers for further information and to download an application form and recruitment privacy notice. Applications must be received by ICU via the method stated on the website on or before 5pm on Monday 29 November 2021.
Please note that only applications received on the standard application form will be considered. Canvassing will disqualify.
Inishowen Credit Union Limited is an equal opportunities employer. Further screening criteria may be applied.Tags: