Job Vacancy: Fruit of the Loom is a global Company with over 28,000 employees. It is a leading supplier of family apparel. Fruit of the Looms European Operational offices are based in Buncrana Co. Donegal.
We are now seeking to recruit a full-time permanent IT position located in Buncrana. The successful candidates will be offered an exciting opportunity to be part of a broader IT team.
- The salary and benefit structures will be competitive.
- Travel may be required as part of these roles.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for evaluating business needs and determining how IT can support those needs leveraging software, hardware, or infrastructure. Aligning IT strategy with business goals has become paramount, and a solutions architect can help determine, develop, and improve technical solutions in support of business goals. The Solutions Architect works closely with other IT groups and business area management to ensure solutions are aligned with business needs and the overall IT strategic direction. Also, the role will provide direction and guidance on the design, development and use of technology and integrations.
The main duties required for this role will include the following:
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Prepare and document testing requirements.
- Identify areas where IT can support business needs and goals.
- Work with business units to develop IT strategies and to improve current IT implementations.
- Build and migrate software and services across the organization.
- Work with product and delivery teams to develop scalable solutions and products.
The ideal candidate should have experience with some of the following;
- Master or University Degree, preferably Computer Science or another relevant technical discipline
- Understanding of enterprise architecture and digital platforms
- 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing applications with a technical component
- Previous experience as a systems / solutions architect on enterprise initiatives preferred
- Familiarity with customer facing technologies
- Ability to quickly capture business requirements, document and propose effective solutions.
- Capability to present options and evaluate implementation complexities and risks to recommend the right technical decision
- Strong understanding of best practice system security and capability to evaluate and advise on risk
- Research skills, ability to research a technology and provide evaluation and insights.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight timelines
Please send your CV to European.Applications@fotlinc.com
Fruit of the Loom International Ltd., Unit 6, Lisfannon Business Centre, Lisfannon, Buncrana, Co.Donegal