Job Vacancy: A Facilities Lead position has arisen on the Abbott Diabetes Care site in Donegal Town for Apleona HSG.
- Salary- Non disclosed
- Permanent full-time
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The Team Lead manages a site maintenance team to ensure all Safety, Quality, Service and Cost targets are met or exceeded. It is a hands-on role where the person will be actively involved in supporting the team in carrying out maintenance tasks. He/ She will manage all aspects of the team across all shifts. This role will be responsible/assist with new hires, develops and carries out performance management reviews of team members to deliver the business objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Demonstrates strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the team
- Day to day people management with frequent feedback given to technicians and effective management and allocation of resources
- Develops technicians, i.e. plans ahead for training to develop Technicians to the next level
- Work with the Site Contracts Manager to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives
- Actively interfaces with the Customer’s cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements
- Gets the basics right consistently (shift handovers and performance of shift)
- Implementation of safety and environmental standards at all times
- Ensure all equipment operates and is maintained in an efficient manner
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on all equipment under our control as per the Plant CMMS I CAFM system and ensure effective and efficient closure on quality system requirements (e.g. corrective and preventative actions)
- Proactively identify and remedy equipment maintenance issues, to maximize equipment uptime
- Servicing of mechanical, electrical and non-technical equipment
- Liaise with the Service desk I Contracts Manager and respond to all non-technical and technical queries in a timely manner to ensure conformance with the relevant Service Level Agreement
- Carry out fault finding and repairs to broken down equipment, contact and coordinate service engineers where external assistance is required
Manage subcontractors as required, ensuring that they comply with site and company training requirements
- Generate and close out Work Orders for all non-planned maintenance activities.
- Generate Work Permits as required
- Maintain appropriate records in line with GMP requirements.
- Assist in the installation of new plant and equipment.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and GMP, and ensure compliance with the 58 (Sorting, Simplify, Sweep, Standardize, Sustain) during maintenance work
- Keep all business unit leads informed and updated at all times in relation to equipment issues. Flexibility is important and it is expected to work in any area of the plant as required.
- Liaising with department engineers and other customer support personnel to identify and solve problems
Assist with the drive for ‘Cost Reduction Initiatives’ across the site from providing ideas through to implementation. This should also include Energy Saving Opportunities (ESOs)
- To be a self-performing technician and continuously strive for self-improvement.
Must be willing to take on and familiarize with all relevant site systems as deemed necessary to complete the role.
- Assist with all queries regarding quotations and purchasing when requested
- Maintain and maximize use of client CMMS I CAFM (Computer Aided Facility Management) system and ensure all works are completed and closed within the agreed timeframe
- Sourcing and stocking of spare parts as required to ensure minimum stock levels are maintained in accordance with client requirements
- Ensure compliance at all times with Health and Safety and legislative requirements
- Ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with all current regulations
- Ensure that EH & S procedures are adhered to at all times. Contribute to targets related to Safety, Quality, Compliance and Continuous Improvement.
- Report of any accident, incidents and out of place findings to the client I line manager
- Maintain the workshop and maintenance stores areas in a tidy condition at all times
- Maintain an internal ‘Best Practice’ regime and encourage continuous improvements
- When applicable Investigate infrastructure shortfalls and promote remedial actions
Qualifications and Experience:
Experience in one/all of the following would be advantageous:
- Clean Lines
- CNC Process
- Hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC’s, Automation
- At least five years relevant experience within a highly regulated environment
- Diploma in a relevant engineering discipline or Senior Trades with appropriate experience.
The successful candidate:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make on the spot decisions
- Good numerical skills
- Ability to understand specification drawings and working from same
- People management experience
- Good decision maker
- Flexible work attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to promote a good team working environment and be a team player demonstrating flexibility
- Experience in using a CMMS system for planned and unplanned maintenance
- Good leadership and communication skills
- People management experience
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Communication skills
- Flexible Interpersonal Skills
- People Management
Please send CVs into email@example.com