Job Vacancies: Magee Weaving Ltd at New Row, Donegal Town, is hiring a Fabric Design & Sales Executive and a General Operative.
Magee is a fifth generation Irish family business with over 150 years of experience in designing, weaving and tailoring cloth and clothing in Donegal. The Company operates across manufacturing, wholesale, retail and e-commerce.
Fabric Design and Sales Executive
We wish to recruit a Fabric Design and Sales Executive, based at our Weaving Mill in Donegal Town.
- Designing fabrics to customer specifications.
- Preparation, presentation and selling seasonal ranges.
- Keeping abreast of current trends and markets.
- A passion for fabric and textiles with a keen eye for colour, design and originality and some knowledge of the weaving process.
- Some experience designing either woven accessory, apparel or technical fabrics.
- The ability to interpret and translate customer briefs correctly.
- Computer literate with CAD experience and the ability to learn in-House systems.
- A degree in fabric/textile design is essential as well as excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
A competitive salary is on offer, together with a staff discount scheme, free parking plus a generous workwear allowance and pension scheme after a qualifying period. Some relocation assistance is available
If you are interested and have the relevant experience, please submit your cv to Ann Harley – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the nature of this role, there is no scope for remote working. Please note that we will only be replying to shortlisted candidates.
The closing date for this vacancy is 4th March 2022.
We wish to recruit a General Operative who will eventually work in all areas of the Mill, learning how each section works together to create beautiful and unique fabrics.
This is a great opportunity for someone new to the weaving industry and who is interested in learning new skills.
The successful individual would need to have a good eye for colour, an appreciation of high quality fabrics, some manual dexterity and be mechanically minded. A full clean driving licence is essential.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your cv to Ann Harley – email@example.com.
Please note that we will only be replying to shortlisted candidates.