Job Vacancy: The Narrow Quarter, a popular bistro in Kerrykeel, has announced that they are hiring Chefs and Cooks. A number of full-time positions are available with the option of part time roles may also be available if there are multiple candidates seeking part-time employment.
Company description: We are a small Bistro and coffee house located in Kerrykeel Co. Donegal. We serve freshly prepared dishes using local ingredients and have a passion for great food and great customer service.
Who we are
The Narrow Quarter bistro & coffeehouse is located in Kerrykeel Co.Donegal is just 25 minutes from Letterkenny and is the gateway to the Fanad peninsula (a popular tourist destination). The Bistro has won numerous awards for food and customer service since opening in 2018. We only serve freshly prepared food and produce as much as 95% of our menu from scratch in-house daily. Freshness and quality is also complemented by the fact we use sustainable and locally sourced ingredients where possible.
Reporting to the Head Chef, you will assist our kitchen team in ensuring that all customers have a wonderful food experience in the bistro. We are looking for someone who is professional, passionate and enthusiastic, with a flair for fresh and wholesome food. We are looking for someone with previous experience working as part of a kitchen team. Considering the nature of this role and our industry, this position will require you to work various shifts including weekends, mornings and evenings.
Day to day duties will include:
- The preparation of ingredients for service to the required standard, ensuring no wastage
- To cook food to the required specifications
- To ensure the smooth running of food service with restaurant personnel
- To ensure all special requests made by guests are met
- To work in an organised, hygienic manner at all times ensuring the HACCP regulations are adhered to
- To ensure correct levels of stock are maintained at all times
- To ensure all goods are stored correctly and hygienically in accordance with HACCP specifications
- To adhere to cleaning schedules set out for the Kitchen
The Ideal Candidates will be:
- HACCP trained
- Have a previous Chef/Cook experience
- Must have previous experience in a busy hotel, restaurant, café or bar.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work and integrate well within a large team
- The ability to work in an environment where customer focus is paramount
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying please forward your CV to email@example.com