Donegal Town Credit Union are seeking to recruit a Marketing and Business Development Officer.
The Marketing & Business Development Officer (MBDO) will report directly to the CEO.
The MBDO will be responsible for marketing Donegal Town Credit Union services to its members and potential members, ensuring the credit unions profile within the community remains strong and its reach throughout its common bond across individuals, community bodies, schools’ clubs, and employers etc. and across all demographics, is thorough.
Together with the CEO, a key part of the role will be the creation, design, and implementation of a cohesive annual marketing plan and budget that can be rolled out across all relevant media channels.
The aim of this plan will be to ensure Donegal Town Credit Union services evolve, grow and engage active members and potential members in line with Donegal Town Credit Unions Strategic Plan and targets.
- Design and implement the sales & marketing strategy in line with the Strategic Plan, market segmentation and product targets.
- Together with the CEO, Operations Manager and Loans Manager, agree on practical growth targets for the lending function and with member service officers for other non-interest income revenue-generating services, in line with evolving business goals.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the business to ensure the successful implementation of the growth objectives in the Strategic Plan.
- Together with the CEO, develop a detailed and costed annual marketing plan, itemized month on month across all relevant media channels.
- In developing the annual marketing plan, assess products and bundles that will provide the best value to specific demographics and market segments within the common bond area.
- Help develop and embed a “value” based member focused culture throughout Donegal Town Credit Union.
- Provide sales and business development training to all member serving staff to ensure front line promotion is optimised across the credit unions product suite.
- Responsible for the follow-up and development of new business opportunities.
- Liaise with outside agencies to identify business development opportunities.
- Manage together with the CEO, all external PR related activities and communications to ensure consistency of message throughout. This may involve for example radio interviews and making presentations to groups on an internal and external basis.
- Develop a monitoring tool that measures the effectiveness of marketing initiatives ongoing across channels and spend.
- Meet with the management team each month and present structured feedback, reports & market insights based on The Credit Union’s data and external information.
- To work closely with the managers of Lending and Operations ensuring that the business development strategy is closely aligned with lending and all member interfaces.
- To participate in meetings and projects as assigned by the CEO.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, regulations, and guidance including Advertising Law, Data Protection and employment etc.
- The BDMO will have to be very flexible with their time. The BDMO will need to attend/run the Schools Quiz, Poster Competition, AGM and attend other non-DTCU events to promote DTCU such as wedding fairs, and other events run in the evening or weekends.
The above list is not exhaustive and will change in line with business needs.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Dynamic, creative and self-motivated individual
- Capable of working independently to identify and research opportunities to be presented to the CEO and management team for assessment
- Ability to convert creative ideas into effective marketing messages both in terms of design and language
- Knowledge of social media advertising and business profile building
- Knowledge of direct digital advertising. g. Google Adwords etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to focus on target delivery within agreed budgetary constraints
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Excellent organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise work and meet
targets and deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a varied workload
- Marketing qualification with 18+ months experience of business development & marketing in a commercial environment is desirable but not a requirement
This position is a full-time contract with a probationary period of 6 months applying. The position responsibilities will, from time to time, demand working outside office hours and to undertake duties in locations other than Donegal Town Credit Union offices.
Applicants should state clearly the position they are applying for by quoting the reference BDMO 001
Applications including CV by email only addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close, Monday 25th April 2022
Short listing may apply and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application
Donegal Town Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer