Job Vacancy: Milford & District Resource Centre is inviting applications for the role of Youth Project Co-Ordinator for the MYE Future Project.
Closing Date for applications: 1.00 pm on: June 10th 2022
Introduction: Youth Development is integral to the work that we do with the goal of having empowered, thriving and flourishing communities across the Milford district now and into the future. In line with our commitments to people, place, and progress, as a responsive organization, and to our duty of care to clients, staff and volunteers, Milford & District Resource CLG (MDRC) is recruiting for a Youth Project Co-Ordinator for the MYE Future Project. Funded by the International Fund for Ireland (IFI) under the Personal Youth Development Programme (PYDP), the MYE Future Project aims to deliver real and positive community transformation, helping young people aged 16–25-year-olds to build capacity and develop personal, social and life skills that foster good relations, build confidence and resilience. This MYE Future Youth Project will offer an intensive personal support programme for young people enabling them to progress through the various stages until they are ready to return to education, access statutory training courses or enter employment.
Main purpose of job: This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated individual to become part of the vibrant team at MDRC. This is a full-time position for an initial period of 1 year with potential to extend for a further year, subject to funding. The MYE Future Project will draw on good practice and learning from previous IFI and other cross border funded initiatives. The MYE Future Project will be about creating hope & aspirations – nurturing change & empowerment. Based out of Milford & District Resource Centre, the role will include an outreach service within the wider Milford, Fanad, Rosguill, Ramelton, Rathmullan and Kilmacrenan areas. Reporting to the Manager, this Youth Project Development Role will work to ensure that emerging needs are identified and planned for and the targeted young people’s needs are responded to in a timely and effective way. Working with the Team at MDRC, this position will prioritise our work in:
- Youth Development
- Social Inclusion
The target area(s) in which the project will operate is the Milford District in County Donegal, taking in Milford, Ramelton, Rathmullan, Kilmacrenan, Termon, Carrigart, Downings, Fanad, Kerrykeel and their rural hinterlands. The programme will engage with and support young people identified as being ‘at risk’ from across this region. This includes young people at risk, who live in isolated rural community areas within the catchment area. The programme will be coordinated from our office in Milford.
Duties: The successful applicant will work to facilitate the personal, social, and emotional development of young people between the ages of 16 – 25 years. This will involve:
Tasks & Duties
Recruitment and Engagement
- Recruiting young people from the target group by liaising with agencies, services and community and voluntary groups in the area
- Conducting outreach youth work in appropriate settings in which to identify need and to recruit to the project
- Engaging young people on a one-to-one basis throughout the delivery of the MYE Future project, building a rapport, trust and confidence, gaining and building an understanding of each person’s needs.
Commissioning, offering, and delivering
Personal Development: Mapping out personal action plans and pathways
Acting as a ‘point of contact,’ mentor and advisor for each person, for the lifetime of the programme
- Good Relations Training – Diversity within Society – tackling prejudice & discrimination
- Good Relations Activities – Cultural Activities & Cross-border Engagement
- Accredited and Non-accredited Training – Life Skills Development
- Education Development and access to education
- Employability Development and Options for Progression Pathways
Reporting to funders
- Preparing quarterly reports to funders
- Procuring training, events and venue hire in line with MDRC Procurement policy and in preparation for payment by the financial administrator.
- Attending peer support network meetings and others as organised by IFI
Convening Project Steering Committee
Ensuring regular steering committee meetings are arranged and reports and recommendations prepared for submission to the Manager.
- Monitoring and evaluation
You should have knowledge of holistic youth service provision; have worked in Youth and/or Education/Community Sectors and have experience in planning, development, and implementation of specific programmes for young people.
Person Specifications: This role will require a wide range of abilities and skills including:
- A third level qualification in youth work or a related field
- At least 3 years’ experience of youth/community work
- A full driving licence and access to a car for work purposes.
- Proven organisational, report writing, IT skills and record keeping skills
- Ability to deal with young people in a confidential manner
- Ability to deliver planned training programmes and opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Strong advocacy and networking skills including interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Highly motivated and committed to working as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- The successful applicant will be expected to work flexibly, providing ‘on-call’ support as required on evenings, weekends, out-of-hours; based on responding to participant needs, particularly in times of crisis
Ideally the successful candidate will also have:
- A proven record in delivery of Peace and Reconciliation related-youth projects on both sides of the border.
- Experience in group facilitation, project promotion, monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
- Commitment to and understanding of working within a community organisation in an inclusive manner.
- High motivation, positive disposition, and flexible attitude in response to needs and change including a willingness to do evening and/or weekend work that may be required.
Contract Salary €35,000 per annum pro rata
Generous annual leave package
Contract hours: 39 hours per week
Please download the application form: MDRC MYE Future Project Co-ordinator Application Form
This Application Form, when completed, should be returned with your Cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: 1.00 pm on: June 10th 2022Tags: