Donegal Local Development CLG and its partners Donegal Travellers Project and the Donegal Intercultural Platform CLG invite applications for the following vacancy:
DEVELOPMENT WORKER/TRAINER – THINK EQUALITY DONEGAL (PART TIME)
Donegal Local Development CLG is an integrated local development company established in 1995. We deliver a number of external funded programmes to the Donegal community.
As the main employer working with our partners Donegal Intercultural Platform & Donegal Travellers Project, we are delivering our newest project under the RETHINK IRELAND funding programme.
The key focus of which will be working towards inclusivity for the Black, Minority and Ethnic (BME) Communities including Travellers & Roma across Donegal. The project will seek to build dynamic relationships at an individual and societal level which will be based on understanding, acceptance, trust, respect and equality.
We are now inviting applications for the following new position:
- Part time hours per week (circa 21 hours, working pattern to be agreed)
- Salary for this position will be commensurate with knowledge, skills and experience.
- The position is funded for a period of 2 years which may be extended or reduced subject to continuation of funding
- You will co-ordinate and oversee the development of the project and will provide supervision and support to the Community Links Workers and relevant others.
- Knowledge and understanding of community development and the practice of diversity, inclusion and interculturalism is essential.
- Training design, delivery and facilitation skills are essential.
- A recognised Third Level/professional qualification in Community Development /Learning & Development/ Social Inclusion / Equality/Diversity or related field OR sufficient demonstrated experience in this area.
- You will have a comprehensive knowledge of terms, themes and issues related to racism and race- related discrimination in Ireland including Travellers and Roma.
- It is desirable that you have knowledge of NGO’s and State Bodies with a focus on Equality and Human Rights.
The role is expected to be based in Letterkenny and hybrid working options are available subject to completion of probation. You should have a clean driving license and access to your own car for travel.
To apply for the position, please submit by email, a Letter of Application together with current Curriculum Vitae to: HR Department, Donegal Local Development CLG, 1 Millennium Court, Pearse Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Partnership panel interviews will be held week beginning 12th September 2022. We reserve the right to enhance both the essential and desirable shortlisting criteria, dependent on response. A panel may be formed from which similar vacancies may be filled.
Donegal Local Development CLG is committed to a Policy of Equal Opportunity. Canvassing will disqualify.
Previous applicants need not apply