Donegal County Council is seeking Expressions of Interest for the new Ailt an Chorráin Burtonport Enterprise Building.
Phase 1 of the redevelopment is presently under construction.
According to the council, it will address vacancy and dereliction and deliver a new multi-user harbour environment.
It will also have a new ‘road regime’ and improved parking facilities.
Phase 2 includes the construction of a new harbour users building and enterprise building.
This call for expressions of interest specifically concerns the new enterprise building.
The enterprise building is being developed to provide opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship.
Key features include:
- Total floor area – 271 m² (2917 sq. ft);
- Building can be sub-divided into a number of units;
- Kitchenette, toilets and storage areas to be provided;
- Current status – detailed designs for the layout of the building are being prepared by the project architect (EOI’s received will feed into the design process);
- Estimated building completion date – Q1 2024.
Objectives for the Ailt an Chorráin Enterprise Building include the:
- creation of employment opportunities;
- stimulation of entrepreneurship to support economic development thereby strengthening the sustainability of the rural community in the area;
- attraction of increased footfall to the harbour area;
- avoidance of any displacement.
EOI proposals must demonstrate how the objectives for the Ailt an Chorráin Enterprise Building, listed above, will be met and must be submitted by 4pm, Friday 23rd September 2022.
For an EOI application form and further information go to: www.donegalcoco.ie